Abingdon MD US
Leidos has a career opportunity for a Front End Developer in Abingdon, MD to support a critical modernization effort of the Advanced Field Artillery Tactical Data System (AFATDS) in order to satisfy the vision of Program Executive Office (PEO) Command Control Communications – Tactical (C3T) and Project Manager Mission Command. The Software Engineer will be expected to integrate and collaborate with all technical teams to deliver a fully-functional system.
The AFATDS is a multi-service, automated command, coordination, communication, and computing system that provides automated fire support and coordination to all echelons, from firing unit through theater level, at Army, Marine Corps, Naval Firing Platforms, Navy Command and Amphibious Assault Ships, Air Force Operations Centers, and Joint Command and Control Centers. AFATDS enables the automatic application of the Force Commander’s guidance in the Fires Warfighting Function to plan, execute, and deliver effects at all levels of command within the current and future force. AFATDS can automatically tailor the selection of fire support assets (field artillery, mortars, close air support, naval gunfire, attack helicopters, and offensive electronic warfare assets) based on the Commander’s guidance, thereby enabling maximum effective use of all available fire support assets across the full spectrum of conflict.
This effort is to meet the government’s objective to modernize the underlying AFATDS architecture, redesign the AFATDS front-end to a fully web- and role-based user interface, integrate common services made available through the Army’s Common Operating Environment (COE), and incorporate advanced embedded training technologies to aid in operator-initiated system instruction and refresher training.
- Analyze and interpret requirements from Architecture and the User-centered Design Team
- Ensure consistency with an established software development architecture
- Introduce new technologies and best practices as needed to solve business problems
- Be a part of development team to create practical solutions in Agile/DevOps environment
- BS degree and 2 – 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.
- Unit Testing and experience working with multiple testing libraries
- Real-world experience with Frameworks and Run-time experience environments (AngularJS, Vue, REACT, NodeJS)
- Excellent understanding of basic UI/UX principles (ex: usability, proximity, Hick’s Law)
- Understanding of browsers, browser rendering, and browser development tools
- Expert in CSS core concepts such as floats, flex-box, grid, specificity, patterns, and anti-patterns
- Experience with AG Grid and Material design
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Experience with Atlassian tools, including Jira, Confluence, and Bitbucket
- Able to multi-task, self-assign work, and function in a dynamic, fast-paced, Agile environment
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Proficiency with MS Office Products (Word, Excel, Visio, & PowerPoint)
- Ability to obtain a DoD SECRET security clearance
- US Citizenship is required
- Experience with Service Oriented Architectures (SOAs) and specifically, OSGi
- Experience with AFATDS, Army Common Operating Environment (COE) or other PM MC systems
- Experience with Python
- Experience with Axure and the Adobe Creative Suite
- Currently possess an active DoD SECRET security clearance
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
JBLeidos / An Equal Opportunity Employer