Killeen TX US
Do you have a passion for the mission and love training the next generation of defenders? The Defense Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Training Specialist with a minimum TS/SCI. This position will support the DCGS-A Field Office at Fort Hood with Fielding and Training activities for the DCGS-A Family of Systems (FoS) products in Fort Hood, TX.
- Formulate and execute New Equipment Training (NET) for Program Manager DCGS-A in concert with fielding activities.
- Provide technical and applied training expertise in all phases of training development.
- Apply education and training principles in the planning and development of intelligence training.
- Prepare and disseminate instructional plans, products and support material to accomplish mission requirements.
- Perform analysis and quality control checks of final products to develop Programs of Instruction (POI), System Training Plans (STP), Practical Exercises (PEs), Lesson Plans, Technical Manuals and leave behind materials to support unit sustainment training of its Army-fielded DCGS-A capabilities.
- Conduct training programs on complex topics and designs and develops training program elements/modules.
- Assess training requirements, identifies and evaluates training alternatives and develops training materials for the DCGS-A Family of Systems component system capabilities, using a variety of training approaches: traditional classroom, programmed learning, hands-on, simulation, video, audio, and computer aided training.
- Conduct training from prepared course materials and also informal training sessions based on instructor experiences derived from other training missions or from Army deployments and exercises.
- Conduct refresh/reset and over-the-shoulder training (OTS) as directed by U.S. Army customer priorities.
- May deploy worldwide, including hostile fire zones, to conduct training and training support activities as directed by Army G-8 and PM, DCGS-A (not more than 10%).
- Provide guidance and direction utilizing strong technical and training skills.
- Serve DCGS-A Training and Training Support events when directed, coordinating and managing all aspects of training and fielding equipment to customers to include pre-deployment coordination, preparing weekly activities reports to the customer and training team, and ensure training and fielding remote sites are prepared to meet the team’s logistical requirements.
- For certain missions and depending upon trainer subject matter expertise, the technical trainer will provide oversight and supervision of mission related activities for other trainers. In this role, you will act as the liaison to the Unit Commander. Identifies, analyzes, and develops solutions for mission problems.
- Bachelors degree
- 4 years related experience
- 4 years of direct relevant technical experience may be substituted for education
- Minimum TS/SCI clearance
- Experienced in the formulation and execution of organizational training programs.
- Able to assess training requirements, identify and evaluate training alternatives, develop training materials to include a variety of training approaches: traditional classroom, programmed learning, hands-on, simulation, video, audio, and computer aided training.
- Capable of instructing personnel from prepared course material.
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
JBLeidos / An Equal Opportunity Employer