Raytheon is looking for an experienced Material Program Manager for programs located in El Segundo, CA in support of the Trident program within Missile & Space Defense (M&SD) Program Area. The candidate will be responsible for developing and executing supply chain strategies and plans for capture/proposal efforts, international pursuits, & program execution within the M&SD program area. The MPM will serve as the liaison between the Program Managers, IPT’s, and the Supply Chain organization. The candidate will be responsible for the development, supply chain objectives, and enterprise objectives, coordination, and execution of all program material strategies. The MPM will serve as the leader for all program’s supply chain activities and will advise the M&SD MPM Lead, Business Area Sr. Manager, program management office leadership team on material strategies, plans, and supplier risk management activities. The candidate will lead front end of the business SCM activities including early supply chain management involvement and early supplier involvement that is all centered on Enterprise Subcontract Process excellence process (ESPX) and other strategic sourcing. The position requires an individual who will be able to exert influence and have an effect on the overall objectives and long-range goals of the M&SD product line and the program / IPT team.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible to the customer and program management to meet all material contract objectives (technical, cost, and schedule)
- Develop and lead supply chain proposal activities including task descriptions and basis of estimates that match the PTW strategies
- Development of international sourcing strategies for exportable missile warning programs
- Responsible for robust customer communications and building customer relationships
- Reporting, tracking, and managing of an integrated product team and/or program responsible for the delivery of procured material from the suppliers, through external testing, and shipment to its contractual destination
- Resolve material shipment and/or data issues with the program office and customer
- Work collaboratively with all other functions to ensure that cost estimates and EACs are accurate, processes are being followed, and staffing is appropriate for execution.
- Conduct material contract closure activity alongside Contracts and Program Office
- Establish material priorities across the IPT and/or program
- Provide comprehensive Supply Chain support for Gates 0-11 activities and ensures IPDP compliance for the programs and tailoring when applicable. Key activities typically include: financial management (i.e., EV, budgets, targets, working capital, material sales forecasts, etc.)
- Overall ownership of the supplier management process (i.e., Supplier Risk/Opportunity Management Plan, supplier performance, Small Business plan development and execution, metrics, international issues, develop/evaluate the MB/MW strategy, the Collaborative Agreement process, etc.), and communication of customer flow through requirements such as FAR/DFARS, ITAR, offset, public law, quality, warranty, etc.
- Act as the Control Account Manager (CAM) or supports the assigned CAM
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant professional experience in Supply Chain, Supplier Management or Project/Program Management
- Experience leading in cross-functional environment or teams
- Experience translating customer terms and conditions into supplier requirements and reviewing statements of work for completeness and conformance to program requirements
- Experience in Earned Value Management or demonstrated performance against financial budgets and forecasts
- Experience developing & executing Risk/Opportunity plans to meet program objectives
- Experience interfacing with external customers and all levels of internal management
- Experience with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
- Material Program Manager Level 3 certified
- Knowledge of US Government acquisition laws and regulations
- Experience in international sourcing, subcontract management or related international business experience
- Experience working development or transition to production programs
- Experience developing & executing the make/buy/where process
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Experience with developing and analyzing performance metrics as well as experience proactively addressing associated program and functional issues
- Raytheon Six Sigma Specialist/Six Sigma Green Belt qualified
- Technical knowledge of space related hardware applications as well as knowledge of operational and manufacturing processes (assembly, integration, and test)
- Fluency in Raytheon systems, process, and procedure.
BA in Business Management, Engineering Management, Industrial Management, Supply Chain Management, Engineering-General or Industrial, or Operations
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
JBRaytheon / An Equal Opportunity Employer