Raytheon is seeking a PROGRAM MANAGER for an opportunity in SPRINGFIELD, VA or AURORA, CO. The successful candidate must demonstrate abilities to manage technical program aspects, care for personnel, perform schedule and cost reporting, meet or exceed bookings, sales, profit and cash objectives, and provide regular briefings to the customer and other government entities; including, but not limited to, program management reviews, contract transition, technical meetings, and education outreach programs. This role requires experience leading software sustainment (Tier 3) activities in an operational environment. This effort will transition the customer’s current site based processes and practices to multi-site single enterprise standards. The PM will also be responsible for regular customer interactions, technical evaluation of requirements, management of awarded scope, allocation of resources, and growth of assigned business. This position requires travel to the CONUS and OCONUS sites on a periodic basis to ensure employee morale, the quality of the work being done and that requirements of the contract are being met. Responsibilities include program transition, execution, planning, budgeting, development of risk and opportunity plans and program expansion. The establishment and ongoing review of metrics, tasks, and processes to meet customer requirements for establishing Performance Requirement Standards (PRS) prior to Transition to Operations. This is a Cost Plus Award fee contract which, add significant pressure to technical and cost performance. The program manager will work closely with the subcontractors and the Customers to develop and maintain trusting relationships. The successful program manager candidate will be required to provide effective and creditable program capabilities and options to the Proprietary Customers Engineer Group and will represent the program capabilities to Raytheon Corporate, Government, and the IC community.
Specific Job Duties/Responsibilities of this position include:
• Leading Raytheon personnel and sustaining a professional, technical and administrative support staff adequate to accomplish defined and anticipated contractual tasks,
• Performing contract oversight duties in accordance with the program management plan
• Performing supervisory duties for assigned managers, to include training, performance reviews, and development/maintaining job descriptions,
• Ensuring subcontractor performance and assuring compliance with prime contract requirements and pricing schedules,
• Preparing cost performance reports as required by contract deliverables CLINs, and
• Managing Other Direct Costs to be compliant with Raytheon’s contract.
• Identify and develop approaches to pursue new opportunities to increase business base; manage the program new business pipeline.
• Work with customers and the PMO to develop program strategic plans for the associated customer sites, maintain a strong customer relationship.
• Manage the program, to ensure appropriate assignment of work tasks, responsibilities, and authority level
• Ensure operating policies and procedures are established and followed consistent with Raytheon policies
• Plan and de-conflict resource requirements
• Implement a proactive program risk and opportunity management plan
• Define program staffing requirements and execute plan
• Represent the program at an executive level to customers and government representatives
• Develop and expand a highly skilled staff and improve our core competencies
• Practice and instill continued use of Continual Service Improvement (CSI)/ Six Sigma practices to improve program performance, customer perception, teammate partnerships and business and personnel growth
• Create and maintain a One Team culture across multiple sites.
• Must have US Citizenship and an active TS/SCI clearance with CI Poly, eligible for crossover. Qualified applicants must maintain minimum qualifications for access to classified information.
REQUIRED EDUCATION: (including Major):
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related technical field.
• Minimum of 12 years overall experience, with 5 years recent, related experience leading a large information technology based effort that includes Development, Operations, Maintenance and/or Tier 3 sustainment
• Experience successfully performing the PM related functions for contracts in excess of $30M per year, including cost-plus award fee experience
• Experience in preparing budgets, schedules, staffing to manage support to programs
• Program Management Level 4 Certification or ability to obtain within 6 months
• Must be experienced in ITIL practices, including problem management and configuration management
• Experience managing a contract risk management program
• Excellent communication skills and ability to effectively interact with subordinates, customers, and other Raytheon organizations
• Experience leading teams in multiple global locations
• Establishment of executable baselines and risk and opportunity management to meet specific financial goals and obligations to the customer and Raytheon.
• Master’s Degree in Business or related technical field (science, technology, engineering, or math).
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
• Prior experience with Raytheon IPDS / Gate processes,
• ACES Estimating, BOE development and Approver Training or experience,
• Experience mentoring, team building, and teaching program protection and system integrity related skills to facilitate knowledge transfer and growth, cross-training and collaboration,
• Experience participating in cross-business, cross-company, and industry teams associated to process and policy determination and development,
• High degree of technical writing experience, in developing domain focused white papers, trade studies, and technical/policy documents in support of related initiatives, programs and proposals,
• Experience in leading or supporting proposal development efforts, to include BOE generation.
This position requires a US Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
JBRaytheon / An Equal Opportunity Employer