Chantilly VA US
Systems Enginner (Mid) – TS/SCI w/ Poly Required
The Systems Engineer position is in direct support of the enterprise Operations and Maintenance (O&M) team responsible for a very large and complex network infrastructure. The position requires some knowledge of network engineering, requirements gathering, and assistance with strategy development. The candidate is expected to have some network administration knowledge, provide crypto support, patching (i.e. 3rd party apps, desktop, and server), and some knowledge of monitoring tools (i.e. SCOM and SolarWinds). The candidate will also need to have a basic understanding of virtual server configuration regarding high availability, cluster nodes, Hyper-V, and standalone.
Typical responsibilities include:
- Author, review and edit documentation (i.e. CONOPS, SOPs, etc)
- Work closely with other engineers to develop the best technical design and approach development and integration
- Develop solutions where the solution is not always well defined but always considers the customer first.
- Perform installations, upgrades, support and problem resolution for mainly Linux based operating systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or similar field with 8+ years of experience. Additional experience in lieu of degree.
This position requires a dynamic, innovative, self-starting problem solver. The candidate selected for this position will be someone who has the aptitude and enjoys tackling challenges which often haven’t been solved anywhere else
4+ years of experience with Linux and/or Windows environments
Must have demonstrated experience with backup technologies like NetApp and Data Protection Management (DPM)
Applied knowledge of networks and network administration
Applied knowledge of cloud services
1+ years of experience coding in scripting languages (, Python, and/or PowerShell) and Java
Experience with installing/configuring Cisco network switches and routers
Occasional OCONUS and CONUS travel to sites for installation and maintenance
An active TS/SCI with Polygraph clearance is required for this position
- Experience Azure
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
JBLeidos / An Equal Opportunity Employer