SwA Evaluation Engineer Level 5
Job Location: Fulton, MD
Travel: Local, continental U.S. and future international – 50% or more travel is required. (Majority is local)
Job Type: Full-time employee and contract positions available
Pay: DoE, $197,600 – $217,360
*TS/SCI is required.
About Us: 5D Technology Solutions is an international IT consulting firm focused on providing end to end solutions to the public and private sector. We are developing a Cyber Security Team comprised of 6 key roles including, Software Engineer, Software Assurance Cyber Researcher/Developer, Software Assurance Cyber Defense Engineer, Software Assurance Evaluation Engineer Level 3, and Software Assurance Evaluation Engineer Level 5. Several individuals will be hired or contracted for each position. While these positions are based primarily in Fulton, Maryland, travel to our client sites in the U.S. and overseas will an exciting part of these positions.
While we do not offer relocation assistance (the job is on-site in Fulton, MD while not travelling), we do handle the interview process remotely and welcome all applicants to apply. This position is available to both contractors and those seeking employee status. Employee status includes benefits; health, dental and vision.
Our ideal candidate will have experience in one or more of the following areas:
Operational Technology and Information Technology
Industrial Control Systems
Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition systems
Platform Information Technology and;
Advanced Persistent Threat
Qualifications and Skills:
Eight (8) years of experience and a relevant Bachelor’s Degree (Relevant Degrees: System Engineering (SE), Computer Science (CS), Information Systems (IS), or Engineering Science) in analyzing binary code and using binary analysis tools
OR Thirteen (13) years of experience and no relevant degree;
Five (5) years of experience configuring and using binary analysis tools.
Five (5) years of experience writing and/or detecting malware in binary code.
Three (3) years of experience developing and writing computer programs to detect vulnerabilities in binary code.
Five (5) years of experience writing binary code.
Five (5) years of experience leading technical software assurance analysis tasks.
Five (5) years of professional teaching and/or demonstrated experience creating and presenting technical briefing on software assurance issues.
TS/SCI with full poly
Responsible for analyzing source code using automated Software Assurance (SwA) tools. Develops testing methodologies, formulates testing scores and creates test cases that support SwA tool analysis. Supports testing of DoD client software and interfaces with clients to define recommended remediation. Demonstrates the use of SwA tools. Creates reports and documentation.
· Capable of defining new methods and techniques for software assurance testing and analysis.
· Capable of mentoring and teaching junior analysts of state of the art software assurance testing and analysis techniques.
· Capable of surveying industry to identify new source code SwA tools and methodologies.
· Tuning and running source code analysis tools, evaluating the strengths and weaknesses and determining the suitability for a given software/customer
· Designing and testing source code SwA analysis processes.
· Interpreting, prioritizing and using source code SwA tools results to remediate potential vulnerabilities in software.
· Developing software using structure development environments (i.e. Waterfall, Agile)
· Writing code in Java, C, C++, or C#
· Creating and presenting technical briefings.
· Providing demonstrations of new analysis and testing techniques.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
JB5D Technology Solutions / An Equal Opportunity Employer