Raytheon IIS/GIS provides Operations and Maintenance support for the Intelligence Community
Raytheon is seeking a Sr. Technical Training Specialist to develop and deliver classroom and/or on-the-job training to customer and contractor personnel. Additionally, the Sr. Technical Training Specialist will perform work on training related projects for the Site Education and Training Officer (ETO) and the Raytheon Training Manager.
Maintain Subject Matter Expertise/Technical Proficiency
- Maintain current Operational Certification in all of the operations positions that you are required to teach by maintaining subject matter skills and up to date technical knowledge; backfill operations positions as required to meet unexpected staffing needs.
- Attain and maintain any customer-required certifications/accreditations required to perform your role.
- Learn to operate new equipment & standard operating procedures utilized in your area of responsibility.
- Continuously improve training knowledge and skills by attending courses, provide training to other trainers, research, learn, and apply new instructional methods and techniques.
Perform Job Task Analysis/ Training Needs Analysis
- Perform analysis to determine training needs through training needs assessment (analysis), job task analysis, learner analysis, achieve competency in the use of equipment, hardware and software that is required to perform training analysis.
Develop and Deliver Training
- Develop and implement detailed technical and operational training programs for complex operational systems, subsystems, or individual pieces of equipment.
- Develop and instruct operational and maintenance training courses for engineering, technician, and electronic equipment operator personnel.
- Develop and update training materials to include, course descriptions, outlines, assessments, completion letters, needs analysis reports multimedia and web-based training. Interview subject matter experts and engineers for input to the course material.
- Design and deliver training using accepted Instructional Systems Design (ISD) methods to meet the requirements of the various adult learning styles.
- Perform personal research and work with engineers, designers, subject matter experts, and others in the preparation of training manuals, training aids, mockups, standard operating procedures and other instructional material.
Evaluate and Maintain Training
- Evaluate student progress and submit evaluation reports as required.
- Continuously evaluate the effectiveness of training programs, materials, and methods and make necessary adjustments, corrections and updates.
- Perform administrative tasks to include, documentation updates, record keeping, grade and record student assessments.
- Display a positive, respectful and professional attitude, communicate and coordinate effectively, provide feedback, attend and/or facilitate technical meetings to communicate the needs of the training department.
- Adhere to all training branch policies and procedures.
- Must have a minimum of four years site operational technical experience as either a site resource manager or detection operator.
- Must possess and professionally demonstrate strong verbal and written communications skills, with interpersonal strengths in attention-level recognition, reading engagement, and adaptability to dynamic training environments.
- Must have the ability to work with little supervision and with a high degree of self-initiative and organization.
- Must be able to distinguish the difference between red, blue, and green colors on a computer monitor, wear headsets to sustain communication and awareness with team members, and be able to sit and maintain focus for extended periods of time with adequate rest and meal breaks.
- Experience developing and/or delivering training in a government/military context.
- Experienced in highly-relevant site operations positions.
- Experienced in participating and effectively contributing in a highly-collaborative team environment.
- Experienced making decisions and remaining calm under pressure.
- Experienced working in direct support of customers.
- Experienced controlling work data flow in a disciplined and methodical manner.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Word, PowerPoint, and Excel software.
- Experience with Adobe Captivate, Techsmith Camtasia or similar video production software.
- Previous qualifications or experience in instructional design or training delivery.
- Prior military or professional experience in a technical field.
- Must have a minimum of 4 years of site related technical operations experience, and must have earned a Bachelor in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) Degree, or an Accredited Education degree.
- Or must possess the equivalent of 12 years of related technical experience in lieu of a degree requirement.
- This position is a Day Support Position, with regular day hours Monday through Friday, 40hrs per week w/ flex options.
- As a support position, this position may occasionally be asked to fill-in to support operational crews. These crews perform work on a 12-hour rotating shift schedule; rotating between 2 days, 2 nights, and 4 days off – to include working subsequent days, nights, weekends, and holidays aligned with the shift team schedule.
- This position is a two-year tour, with multiple tours possible based on performance and contract availability.
- Qualified Applicants must be either a U.S. Person, or a Non-U.S. Person, who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorizations.
- Qualified Applicants will be subject to a security investigation and must meet minimum qualifications for program access to classified information, which are:
- An active TS/SCI Security Clearance and C.I. Polygraph with U.S. Citizenship;
- Or An active TS/PV Security Clearance with Australian Citizenship.
- Qualified Applicants and their eligible dependents must have the ability to satisfy requirements for applicable VISAs.
- Qualified Applicants and their eligible dependents must be able to pass medical and psychological examinations prior to being selected for this position.
JBRaytheon / An Equal Opportunity Employer