Are you looking for an engineering career that is challenging and satisfying? Then join our Raytheon team of engineers solving problems that make the world a safer place and help to secure our great nation! Come support those who provide us with all the freedoms we enjoy.
We offer great benefits that include medical, dental, vision, 401K match, flexible work schedule – just to name a few. Click here to view a brief video and learn more: https://youtu.be/YNuZN0vyzHg
Raytheon Intelligence, information and Services (IIS) is seeking an experienced Sr Technical Support Engineer candidate to join the Hardware Engineering Production Support team. This position requires a background in RF, production test, trouble shooting and repair. This position will provide technical assistance to the Operations new build, test and repair personnel as well as buyers and outside suppliers. Typical tasking will include drawing interpretation, translation of requirements, assistance with manufacturing processes, test and troubleshooting, generation of variances as needed, review of non-routine repairs and non-routine test results, as well as providing recommendations for potential Beyond Physical Repair (BPR) and Beyond Economical Repair (BER) decisions. The successful candidate will be detail oriented, organized, self-starting, a multitasker and have the ability to team effectively with a variety of personnel.
In this role, responsibilities include some or all of the following:
- Validate the performance of prototype designs, first article builds and repair articles based upon test requirements
- Analyze data and plot results to verify antenna, receiver, transmitter and analog signal converter accuracy
- Assist low rate and full rate production efforts by helping to maintain technical data packages and analyzing production issues
- Conduct antenna measurements using near-field and far-field antenna range equipment
- Ability to obtain a Secret Department of Defense Security Clearance
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within one year of start date
- Minimum of six years professional experience in the field of engineering or related technical disciplines
- Experience in test and troubleshoot of RF, digital and analog circuits and systems in both a factory and lab setting
- Experience with testing and troubleshooting of RF and Microwave components and subsystems
- Experience in integration, test and analysis of RF systems and sub-systems
- Must be comfortable with complex issues that span multiple domains of electrical, RF, digital, analog and software
- Experience writing/editing technical documents
- Excellent command of the English language, both written and verbal
- Ability to manage multiple, unrelated tasks in an organized manner
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office Skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Experience
System level understanding of airborne radar a plus
Experience with defense related products, familiar with common industry and military standards
Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering Technology or equivalent and 4 years of experience or 12 years of experience in lieu of degree.
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges — from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation and training solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.2 billion in 2018 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world — in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
JBRaytheon / An Equal Opportunity Employer