El Segundo California United States
Secret – Current
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) is the leading provider of radar sensor systems. We provide war fighters the most accurate and timely information available for the network-centric battlefield. This position is specifically for a Systems Engineer to provide algorithm systems engineering as part of the Airborne Early Warning Reconnaissance and Surveillance Department. This department provides the full range of systems design and analysis-related activities in support of SAS radar programs.
These activities include:
- Development of mathematical algorithms for radar signal processing and calibration
- Development of mathematical algorithms for target tracking and data fusion
- Development and maintenance of system requirements and system architectures, to include leading and/or participation in requirements trade studies
- Computer modeling and simulation of sensor physics and phenomenology
- Performance predictions and analysis of data received from radars on various platforms
- Technical presentations to both internal and external customers
- Technical team leadership participating in technical peer reviews throughout the product lifecycle of design, development, integration and test, and flight test requirements verification
- Interface with their team lead, team members, and other teams (SW and HW) on a daily basis
- Conduct or participate in customer and/or program technical review presentations, and provide task progress status updates and work products to the team lead.
- 6 years or more of experience developing mathematical algorithms or quantitative analysis techniques
- Experience with MATLAB, C, or related languages
- Demonstrated mathematical problem solving ability and data analysis experience
- Knowledge of data association and track filtering techniques (e.g., Kalman Filtering, Multi-Hypothesis Tracking)
- Knowledge of basic radar operations: Doppler Filtering, Pulse Compression, Calibration, and Antenna Array processing
- Demonstrated interpersonal communication, presentation skills, verbal and written communication skills
- Must have an active DoD Secret security clearance prior to commencing work
- This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons
- Current Active Secret Clearance
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- Able to effectively perform multiple tasks and priority actions
- Work experience in requirements and system architecture development and maintenance
- Experience in developing algorithms, in particular target tracking algorithms for surveillance radar applications.
- Experience in radar data analysis and problem resolution; especially with respect to surveillance radar
- Experience in target tracking for surveillance radar applications
- Knowledge of surveillance radar signal processing techniques, mathematical algorithms, analytic techniques and computer simulations
- Expertise in Matlab, C preferred.
- Knowledge of or experience with DOORS
- Customer focus and collaboration skills
- Demonstrated team leadership experience
- Experience working on a technical team of Systems Engineers and Analysts
- Graduate level coursework in and/or work experience in digital filtering, linear algebra, stochastic processes, estimation theory, and detection theory
BS in Engineering, Physics, Math or related discipline;
Advanced degree(s) in Engineering, Physics, Math, System Engineering or related discipline
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world — in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
JBRaytheon / An Equal Opportunity Employer