El Segundo, California, United States
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) is the leading provider of radar sensor systems. We provide war fighters the most accurate and timely information available for the network-centric battlefield. This position is specifically for a Systems Engineer to provide systems engineering integration and testing support as part of the Tactical Radar Systems Department. This department provides the full range of systems design, analysis, integration, verification, and validation activities in support of SAS radar programs.
These activities include:
- Development of verification and validation requirements, methods, and approach
- Development of test plans, test procedures, flight test planning related activities and events
- Support system-level integration and testing, including performance, functional, interface, environmental, and qualification testing
- Development of system-level test equipment to support system I&T, verification, and sell off
- Technical presentations to both internal and external customers
- Interface with their team lead, team members, and other teams (SW and HW) on a daily basis
- Conduct or participate in customer and/or program technical review presentations, and provide task progress status updates and work products to the team lead.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in systems engineering integration, testing, verification, and validation activities
- Knowledge of AESA-based radar systems operation, functionality, testing, verification, system qualification and sell off
- Experience in Flight Test Data Analysis tools and models
- Experience working with both customer and internal resources
- Must have an active DoD Secret security clearance prior to commencing work
- Must have US Citizenship
- Must have ability to access US only data
- Able to effectively multi-task multiple tasks and priority actions
- Work experience in radar design, development, integration and test
- Experience in software development of embedded, real-time complex systems
- Experience in hardware and software integration of embedded, real-time complex systems
- Experience in radar data analysis and problem resolution
- Leadership and communication skills
- Experience leading a technical team of System Engineering Integration and Testing
- Active Top Secret and/or additional clearances
- Ability to obtain SAP-Special Access
Required Education: BS in Engineering, Physics, Math or related discipline; advanced degree(s) preferred
Desired Education: Advanced degree(s) in Engineering, Physics, Math, System Engineering or related discipline
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization. 138638
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world — in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
JBRaytheon / An Equal Opportunity Employer