Raytheon is supporting a U.S. Government customer on a large mission critical development and sustainment program to design, build, deliver, and operate a network operations environment, including introducing new cyber capabilities to address emerging threats. Raytheon Cybersecurity and Special Missions (CSM) is seeking a Sr. Systems Administrator with expertise in Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) to support the design, development, and deployment of advanced cybersecurity capabilities.
The Sr. Systems Administrator applies expert knowledge in Linux/Unix environments for infrastructure support to an advanced cybersecurity environment. Works with a team of highly skilled administrators to provide senior level administrative expertise for an RHEL environment. Mentors junior system administrators and recommends design changes to improve the system operability.
– Must be a US Citizen
– Active Top Secret (TS) clearance. Must be able to obtain a TS/SCI clearance
– Must be able to obtain DHS Suitability
– 6+ years of system administration in Red Hat Enterprise Linux version 6 or 7 (RHEL6/RHEL7) with the ability to engineer, install, administer and maintain complex system architectures
– Proficient in RHEL OS installation, security hardening, and maintenance
– Experience with administration and management of RHEL6/RHEL7 servers to include installation, configuration, optimization, backup & recovery
– Experience with Linux performance tuning & troubleshooting, identifying and resolving contention in CPU, memory, networking, disk I/O, etc
– Skilled in Linux-related scripting (Bash, Perl, Python, etc.)
– Experience with Red Hat Satellite Server, Puppet, Chef and/or Ansible
– Ability to manage changes to system and assesses the security impact of those changes
– Integration & implementation experience with various services, LDAP, Samba, NFS, Bind, Apache, and other core technologies
– Familiarity of configuration management
– Strong research, analytical, and problem solving skills
– Good communication skills including preparing and presenting results, findings and alternatives and influencing management decision making based on the best available data
– Experience working in an agile development environment
– Experience with software development using java, RESTful services
– Comfortable with multilevel security systems, SELinux, and/or Cross Domain Solutions
– Experience with data orchestration software such as Apache NiFi or StreamSets
– Experience with distributed compute environments such as Hadoop
– Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform capabilities, including good understanding of the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Well-Architected Framework, AWS certification
– Experience working in AWS via the CLI and management console. Knowledge and experience configuring Virtual Private Clouds (VPCs)
– Experience working in DevOps and/or DevSecOps environments
Bachelor’s degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems or related technical field. Two years of related work experience may be substituted for each year of degree level education.
– DoD 8570.1 IAT Level II
– Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA)
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
JBRaytheon / An Equal Opportunity Employer