BC11 Sr. Systems Integration Technologist I
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services (IIS) is seeking a Systems Security Integration Technologist that specializes in system administration/security to join our team in support of the Air Operations Center Weapon System (AOC WS) Long-Term Modification and Sustainment (LTM&S) Block 20 program. The position is located in Hampton, Virginia, at the US Air Force customer site on Langley AFB.
This position requires a skilled Windows/Linux system administrator who will provide support for the Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) environment based up EMC VxRails hardware with vSphere 6.5. The System Integration Technologist will be responsible for administering, scanning, monitoring and hardening the OS and COTS applications in accordance with authoritative USG requirements documents including: DISA STIGS, DD254 etc. The selected candidate will be responsible for the day to day operation and sustainment of this environment to include (but not limited to):
- Utilize common Cybersecurity tools such as Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS), Host Based Security System (HBSS), DISA STIG Viewer and other products to review and improve the security posture to support the Authorization to Operate (ATO) granted by the Authorizing Official (AO)
- Administer configure and maintain the LogRhythm Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) tool.
- Implement automated tools and scripts that improve the efficiency at which lockdowns can be applied
- Support the Infrastructure as a Service (IAAS) and Cybersecurity team with securing the IAAS hardware, software and enterprise services including vSphere 6.5, Windows Server 2016, Windows 10
- Ensure anti-virus software is up to date and have the latest virus definition files
- Provide software patching Windows and Linux environments
- Evaluate scan results from ACAS scans that pertain to servers and workstations
- Remediate CAT I/ CAT II/ CAT III findings associated with scans
- Coordinate with Cybersecurity team to update POA&M and reflect open vulnerabilities associated with servers and workstations, develop remediation plans to include milestone completion dates and status updates, and include mitigation process for closed vulnerabilities
- Immediately notify Cybersecurity team and/or IaaS team of any irregularities in system operations and/or attacks/compromises (Incident response participant)
- Configure Windows and Linux servers IAW STIGs and ensure products are in use with the latest version and supported
The ideal candidate possesses strong written and oral communications skills, technical knowledge, exemplary customer service skills, strong time management skills, the ability to find creative solutions to complex challenges, and the ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast paced environment.
- US Citizen with an active Secret Security Clearance
- 4 years relevant and recent experience with security, configuration, system administration and operation of Windows servers
- Experience with classified server assessment and hardening using various information system security assessment/hardening tools – DISA STIGs, SCAP, ACAS, HBSS, Retina, Nessus, etc.
- Experience successfully and effectively interacting with internal and external customers (DSS, ISSPs, ISRs, DAOs, Program Managers, etc.)
- Experience with VMWare vSphere
- Experience with scripting in Powershell, Bash and/or Python
- Professional demeanor, good interpersonal skills, and ability to excel in a high-paced multi-tasked environment
- Ability to act independently, prioritize tasks, and manage to schedule
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written modes, and be able to author and present subject specific presentations. Comfortable with public speaking.
- Must be willing and able to travel to other locations as required on occasion
- DoD 8570.01 IAT Level 2 or higher (requires one or more of the following Professional Certifications: CCNA Security, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, SSCP)
- Experience with configuration, system administration and operation of Linux servers
- Experience configuring and administering LogRhythm
- Computing Environment certifications to include Windows and Linux
- In-depth knowledge of NIST special publications, CNSS policies and instructions, and other requirements documents associated with the Risk Management Framework (RMF)
- DoD 8570.01 IAT Level 3 (requires one or more of the following Professional Certifications: CASP CE, CCNP Security, CISA, CISSP (or Associate), GCED, GCIH)
Required Education (including Major):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, Math (STEM)
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
JBRaytheon / An Equal Opportunity Employer