Sr. Software Engineer, Modeling and Simulation Analyst
Colorado Springs, CO
- Provide technical expertise in the area of BMDS modeling and simulation characterization, scenario development, and/or analysis. As part of an Agile Scrum team, you will develop features and stories mapped to program objectives
- Depending on the specific skills of the successful applicant, duties will include one or more of the following:
- Plan and execute performance analyses on C2BMC and its interactions with current and planned BMDS assets
- Document analysis results in reports and briefings
- Present analysis results to a variety of audiences
- Develop requirements for large, complex system models/simulations and or test/analysis tools
- Execute, test, and evaluate BMDS level, large scale models/simulations
- Develop, test, and evaluate threat scenarios
- Using large scale simulations, perform System Level Test event predictive analysis, post-test analysis, and/or post-flight reconstruction analysis
- Provide data to support decisions regarding system/element representations and modeling parameters used in large scale simulations
- Position also includes interacting with, supporting, and coordinating with members of other C2BMC MDNTB FAs and TOs, C2BMC leadership, MDA customers, and technical SMEs as well as leadership of other BMDS Element programs
- Engineering background that covers a variety of disciplines, which support both conceptual and detailed system level assessments, as well as an understanding of analysis techniques, planning, execution, and reporting
- Technical specialty areas may include, but are not limited to, the following: performance analysis and characterization of large-scale complex system simulations, which may include ballistic missile threats, command and control, RF sensors, and IR sensors; M&S Verification, Validation and Accreditation; requirements development and checkout for system simulations and scenarios; Complex data analysis and plotting using MATLAB
- Experience using MATLAB to support analysis of complex data. Familiarity with Unix/Linux, Agile Scrum, and continuous integration
- Possesses general coding skills (such as MATLAB, Java, C++, or shell scripts)
- Specific knowledge of one or more BMDS elements, such as C2BMC, AN/TPY-2, BOA, SBIRS, GMD, Aegis BMD, PATRIOT, et al. Current DOD Secret Clearance
Bachelor of Science in engineering, mathematics, physics, or related field from an accredited college, and minimum 6 years technical experience. MS technical degree preferred.
Desired: Working or theoretical knowledge of Ballistic Missile Defense concepts, Battle Management and Command and Control (BM/C2) systems, defense communications systems, and the BMDS in general. Strong background in math and physics.
Current DoD Secret Clearance.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges — from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation and training solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.2 billion in 2018 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world — in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
JBRaytheon / An Equal Opportunity Employer