Culver City, CA
Sr. Proposal Manager
The Sr. Proposal Manager oversees all proposal activities, including managing proposal schedules and deadlines, monitoring and implementing required updates to the CRM platform and associated processes, developing proposal outline and compliance matrices, and monitoring the progress and overseeing delivery of proposal (Sources Sought, Request for Information, and Request for Proposal) packages. Responsibilities:
- Oversees all aspects of proposal planning and development activities by directing proposal teams and performing tasks necessary to ensure customer-focused, compliant, on-time delivery of proposals, to include:
– Proposal Organization: Direct the creation and review of a proposal outline that will be used as a key document design and control medium; includes Table of Contents, Outline by Sections, subsections, major topics
– Content Development: Identify the need for and supports writing efforts throughout the proposal (Management approach, Transition plans, QA plans, Risk Management plans, etc.); leverage and coordinate improvement of non-technical “boiler plate” content; coordinates with functional areas across the PMO to tailor to specific requirements; vet content through appropriate review and approval processes
– Appearance: Ensure clean and professional pages, use of white space, headers/footers, page numbers; formatting, styles, fonts, page layout, color schemes; ensures use of graphics/tables and associated captions, theme placement
– Clarity and Conciseness: Ensure sentence structures are readable, reads as one-voice, spelling/grammar check, minimize passive voice; ensures global use of terms; identification of first occurrence and definition of acronyms
– Compliance and Responsiveness: Ensure proposals follow RFP/RFQ, use of client language, all requirements are met according to the RFP instructions and evaluation criteria; reviews completed proposal sections and collaborate with core proposal team; ensure requirements are adequately addressed and that customer page limits are not exceeded; collaborate with PMO functional teams to review, produce and respond to solicitations with compliant proposals and pricing that meet Government RFP requirements
– Themes and Strategy: Facilitate the implementation of proposal strategies and themes consistent with the Chief Operating Officer’s strategic approach as defined in the Capture Plan; ensure effective presentation of offer, use of themes, features and benefits, quantifiable discriminators, strengths and weaknesses addressed
– Color Team Reviews: Conduct color reviews draft compliance, final solution, and sales offering for internal evaluation of the proposal; ensure color team comments are comments are incorporated into the final proposal documents
– Proposal Operations: Manage proposal teams and multiple proposal efforts, coordination responsibilities of internal resources (Business Developer(s), Capture Manager(s), contracting, recruiting, past performance leads, Subject Matter Experts) across multiple business units and with prime/subcontractors; Conduct regular proposal progress status meetings and maintain the proposal schedule; direct all proposal production activities
– Packaging: Ensure proposals are packaged professionally for hard or soft copy delivery; coordinate shipping when required; document and store verification of deliver/customer receipt in coordination with Contracts/Pricing Specialist
– Post Mortem: Conduct lessons learned focused on proposal development process and areas for improvement; incorporate debrief from customers (win or loss)
- i Collaborates with the BD/Capture leads to manage and direct all proposal efforts and personnel required (internal PMO staff and external industry partners) to ensure maximum participation in proposal development activities
- Participate in Capture Plan/Opportunity Assessment meetings and discussions to support early development of proposal strategies, themes, etc.; maintain an overall awareness of common themes and discriminators across all pipeline activity generating leading to proposal development activities
- Manages participation, contributions, and ensures inclusion of Solutions Architect and Proposal Writer efforts within individual proposals and across multiple proposal efforts to ensure consistent messaging and strategies in all proposal responses
- Responsible for all proposal operations activities; evaluates and identifies areas of improvement based in proposal development industry best practices
- Support Pre and Post Award proposal efforts
- Support marketing events and the development/maintenance of marketing materials (practice descriptions, data sheets, web content, etc) to ensure consistent messaging across all sales-related forums and documentation
- Coordinate with the Director of Programs to ensure hand-off of all applicable proposal development documents in support of post-award activities
- Serve as the Administrator of the CRM and pipeline management activities in a support capacity and in coordination with the Chief Operating Officer
Skills and optional Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree or minimum 15+ years of related proposal management experience in lieu of degree
- Combined knowledge of Association of Proposal Management Professionals (APMP) and Shipley Associates proposal development methodologies; APMP certification preferred
- US Citizen or Permanent resident status (must be able to pass a Federal Government background check)
“Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status”
Chameleon is a proven and trusted solutions partner that delivers transformational results and successful outcomes to federal agencies, state and local governments, and commercial companies.
Our role is to help our clients successfully capture and deploy critical opportunities in IT modernization, cloud computing and building the workforce of the twenty-first century, while enhancing information assurance by mitigating cybersecurity risks. Our unique approach is built around one set of goals—to help our clients: Prepare. Protect. Prosper.
Corporate Headquarters: St. Louis, MO
National Capital Headquarters: Bowie, MD
Satellite Offices: Montgomery, AL & Atlanta, GA.
Mission: Our mission is to be a trusted adviser & IT services firm that helps our clients successfully solve complex challenges in today’s operating environments. By achieving this mission, we help our clients and employees: Prepare. Protect. Prosper.
• Support our veterans by growing and promoting their success.
• Protect people, plans, systems, & data.
• Be an outstanding agent of change.
• Create innovation in a framework with known constraints.
• Be an outstanding Line of Business partner.
JBChameleon Integrated Services
JBChameleon Integrated Services / An Equal Opportunity Employer