Huntsville, Alabama, United States
Do you possess the ability to work well independently and in a team environment?
Do you strive for customer satisfaction?
Are you a team player and builder?
If you can answer “yes” to these questions, we want to talk to you!
We are Raytheon Missile Systems and we are seeking a career level Structural Analyst / Engineer to join the Mechanical Subsystems Engineering Directorate (MSD) within Analysis & Test Department. If you are a Structural Analyst with strong initiative and interest, and you meet the following qualifications, we’d like to speak with you! This position is located in Huntsville, AL.
The Analysis & Test Department of the Mechanical Subsystems Engineering Directorate (MSD) is seeking an analyst for our structural analysis group. The selected candidate will be responsible for detailed structural analysis to support all phases of programs including development and production. The analyses will cover a wide range of difficult problems, requiring solutions that are imaginative, thorough, practicable, and consistent with organization objectives. The analysis tasks will span the spectrum from classical hand analyses to detailed analyses requiring the use of finite element analysis software. The selected candidate will work under general direction and will be expected to define the scope and level of analysis required to meet required objectives and will be held accountable for completing the work within the agreed upon cost and schedule. The candidate will be expected to present their work for peer reviews and to be a peer reviewer for other engineers’ work. The customers of this position will include internal Raytheon personnel and programs as well as external Government(s) personnel and programs.
The selected candidate will work with the customer and engineering leadership to define testing required to validate structural analyses and to verify that hardware is compliant with requirements. In addition, the selected candidate will be expected to plan and support tests, perform data reduction and engage in structural model correlation.
Required Experience & Skills:
· A minimum of ten (10) years of professional experience in structural analysis
· Structural testing: planning, organization, execution, data reduction and correlation
· Proficiency with engineering workstations running Windows and Office suite
· Demonstrated ability to perform Structural Finite Element Analysis using PATRAN, ANSYS or equivalent software
· Expertise performing hand calculations based on fundamental equations
· Ability to manage multiple priorities
· Strong interpersonal skills working in a team environment with positive interaction
· Group management skills, leadership skills, and strong communication skills
· Ability to travel to government and other facilities in support of program activities
· Must currently have or be able to obtain a DoD Secret clearance
· U.S. Citizenship is required
· Bachelor’s degree in Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering or degree in a related field
Desired Experience & Skills:
· Master’s in Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering
· Twelve (12) or more years of experience in the Structural Analysis of complex systems that require collaboration of multiple engineering disciplines (such as a weapon system)
· Ability to work independently
Check us out on YouTube:
Raytheon’s Ballistic Missile Defense Systems Provide Layered Defense Around the World
Experience the Patriot Evolution
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Missile Systems (RMS) is the world leader in the design, development and production of missile systems for critical requirements including air-to-air, strike, surface Navy air defense, land combat missiles, guided projectiles, exoatmospheric kill vehicles, missile defense and directed energy weapons. With over 14,000 employees operating at sites across the country and internationally, RMS is headquartered in Tucson Arizona, and generated 6.6 billion in 2013 revenues.
JBRaytheon / An Equal Opportunity Employer