McKinney Texas United States
None / Not Required
NOTE: This position can be based in McKinney, TX with an option for El Segundo, CA
The Sr. IT Asset Management Specialist will support the daily and long-term strategic management of all technology related
hardware managed by Raytheon SAS IT. This includes engineering of process improvements, technical support,
hardware solutions, planning, and monitoring accuracy of hardware data. The individual will assist in forming asset
management strategies across the organization.
The Sr. IT Asset Management Specialist will work closely with various levels of staff across SAS and Raytheon to ensure
effective and efficient management of IT assets. IT Asset Management Specialist will also work with contractors and
manage service providers supporting asset management.
• Provide input into the development and assists in the implementation of and adherence to standards, processes and
tools for asset management and asset inventory throughout the asset lifecycle.
• Responsible for understanding current and helping develop future processes with regard to IT hardware asset management service delivery.
• Research industry best practices and compare against organization’s practices in order to establish benchmarks for
managing IT assets.
• Respond to escalated asset management issues and determine appropriate course of action to resolve issues.
• Support investigation and response for internal or external hardware audits.
• Responsible for identification and mitigation of potential risks and issues of business practices/processes and end user
adoption and alternative solutions design.
• Responsible for defining and documenting business needs and requirements, and generating solutions that satisfy the internal
customer needs. Solicitation of internal customer requirements through interviews, workshops and existing systems
documentation or procedures is required across all levels of the business.
• Participate in cross-functional teams to collaborate, develop and implement business solutions and optimize operations
within internal service organizations.
• Oversee the management and control of asset information, which includes data integrity and accuracy. Be an interface
between various departments and be able to conduct and communicate at a high level with department leaders, managers
or other personnel as appropriate.
• Utilize Six Sigma, ITIL and IPDS methodologies for new policies, implementations and future state policy and procedures
in regard to the asset management program and inherent
Must have at least 4 years of experience supporting asset management activities, to include:
• Use of leading asset management solutions.
• Development and implementation of Asset Management system tools and processes.
• Understanding of technologies and architecture in the service (incident, problem, change, request, and
configuration) and financial asset (contract, procurement, portfolio, fixed asset reconciliation) management areas.
Strong written and oral communication skills. Strong interpersonal skills. Excellent contract and supplier management skills.
Knowledge of industry knowledge of lifecycle management of IT assets including but not limited to understanding common lifecycle stages and processes associated with each:
Experience at working both independently and in a team oriented, collaborative environment. Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources. Demonstrated ability to influence and work across multiple organizations and levels Past experience delivering IT support to end customers Working knowledge of Eracent, SCCM, and Service Now asset management systems Industry knowledge of ITIL or other industry best-practice guidelines.
Required Education (including Major):
Bachelor’s Degree in IT, Computer Science, or Business preferred plus 4 years related experience. Relevant experience can be considered in lieu of degree.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges — from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.1 billion in 2017 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world — in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
JBRaytheon / An Equal Opportunity Employer
Administrative Services/Support, Computer/Management Information Systems, General Engineering, Information and Knowledge Systems, Supply Chain/Purchasing, Technical