Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
Raytheon IIS is seeking a Quality Assurance Engineer (QE) to coordinate the activities required to meet quality standards, and will be responsible to ensure that the product and/or service provided is fit for its purpose, is consistent and meets both internal and external requirements, including customer expectations. The Quality Assurance Engineer will monitor and advise on the performance of the quality management system, produce data and report on performance, measure against set standards, and implement corrective actions and chart paths for improvement.
The QE will interact with personnel at all levels, including customers, technical personnel, supplier quality, and leadership, to ensure that the quality system is functioning properly. Where appropriate, the QE will advise on changes in their implementation and provide training, tools and techniques to enable others to achieve enhanced quality.
The QE is responsible for the quality of work required by the contract. The QE shall plan, organize, control and execute quality tasks required under the contract, ensuring that work is completed in strict compliance with contractual provisions within a Quality Management System in accordance with the latest version of AS9001.
- Ensuring assigned program and product compliance to customer contractual and internal standards within an AS9100 quality system framework.
- Working with purchasing staff to establish quality flow-down requirements for external suppliers.
- Defining quality procedures in conjunction with operating staff.
- Monitoring program performance through data analysis.
- Preparing quality documentation and reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends including process failures, customer complaints, internal and external corrective actions, and financial performance of the Quality function.
- Validating product quality to specifications in a manufacturing and assembly environment including both mechanical and electrical components.
- Maintaining and improving product quality by completing product, company, system, compliance, and surveillance audits.
- Contributing as a Quality and process subject matter expert and serving as a mentor on the Quality Management System.
- Supporting development, implementation, and analysis of quality measurements to improve organization and program performance.
- Driving continuous improvement through innovative processes using six-sigma and other IIS Mission Assurance methods.
- Interface with customers as needed and especially with local Defense Management Contract Agency Quality Assurance Representatives (DCMA QARs) and Engineering.
- Work in an Integrated Product Team (IPT) environment to accomplish Mission Assurance goals at a program level across all functions.
- Creating, maintain, and tracking to a Quality budget in the role of a Control Account Manager within an Earned Value Management system.
- 6+ years of applicable experience including strong Quality Assurance experience.
- Flexibility to support multiple areas involving diverse technologies and processes
- Experience in Six Sigma and/or other contemporary methodologies for process improvement.
- Extensive knowledge of Quality procedures and requirements.
- Experience with AS9100 Quality systems and audits.
- Experience with Configuration Management and Change Control.
- Proven analytical skills in Root-cause analysis, corrective / preventive actions
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to develop solutions to complex process problems; ability to work constructively with Program and Functions
- Customer focused, team player, excellent interpersonal and leadership skills with high personal integrity
- Ability to lead and motivate others toward continuous improvement and shared success in order to meet strategic goals
- Strong planning, facilitating and team-coordination skills
- Strong technical expertise in Military mechanical, electro- mechanical, and electronic sensitive devices
- Computer skills including Microsoft programs such as Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
- Experience with US Government contracts.
- Experience with SAP Systems
- Versed in lean concepts
- Experience in Earned Value Management
Required Education (including Major):
- Bachelor Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges — from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.1 billion in 2017 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world — in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
JBRaytheon / An Equal Opportunity Employer