Tewksbury, Massachusetts, United States
Raytheon’s Electrical Design Directorate’s (EDD) vision is to be the premier engineering resource for world-class electrical design and test through connected people, performance, relationships, and solutions.
Opportunities currently exist with EDD’s Test Development Department (TDD) for a digital and FPGA based test equipment design engineer. The primary responsibilities will be the design and development of custom PWB based test interfaces, using FPGAs to simulate system functionality during digital CCA performance testing. As an FPGA / digital design engineer you will be responsible for designing, modeling, simulating, integrating, and testing new FGPA based designs to support test development. This job will require you to be familiar with all aspects of the FPGA design process; including the development and implementation of new designs with VHDL. You must have the ability to verify the design with system Verilog, the skills to place / route your design into the target device, and debug the hardware with ChipScope / hardware manager. The engineer may develop FPGA designs targeting all major vendors and device families, such as Xilinx and Altera.
You will be joining a diverse project team (circuit card designers, systems engineers, and software engineers) responsible for the design, development, and integration of high speed digital test equipment and PWB based test solutions for systems, sub-systems, and components of the various programs (radar, sonar, communication, missile, and combat control systems) within Raytheon’s Integrated Defense Systems (IDS). This role includes hardware design, FPGA design, and software design and integration. A qualified candidate will be expected to interpret system requirements, technical data packages, and/or test requirements and translate them into new FPGA based test system designs which may include environmental testing, fault detection / fault isolation, and design for test analysis.
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering and/or Computer Engineering
- 4+ years’ experience with digital design, with a solid understanding and experience of the FPGA development process and FPGA digital design practices.
- 4+ years’ experience of VHDL, Verilog, and/or System Verilog coding
- 2+ years’ experience with embedded processor and system on a chip development for FPGA devices
- Experience coding in C, C++.
- Excellent hands on debugging and problem solving skills using lab equipment and software tools such as ChipScope and HardwareManager.
- Strong comprehension of FPGA development environment.
- Experience in Xilinx programmable devices and/or Altera programmable devices.
- Experience using VHDL simulation tools such as QustaSim/ModelSim.
- Experience using synthesis tools such as Synplify.
- Experience in back-end tools including Xilinx ISE/Vivado or Altera Quartus.
- Experience with incorporating third party IP into FPGA designs such as Ethernet.
- Working knowledge in computer hardware interfaces and data protocols (RS-422, 1553, USB, JTAG 1149, PCIe, etc)
- Strong team player with good interpersonal skills as well as excellent written / verbal communication skills
- Ability to develop requirements based on the customer’s inputs and move a design from the requirement phase to design completion.
- Good decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Experience with UVM and Mentor Graphics UVM framework, capture, simulation, and PWB routing
- Knowledge of embedded systems using Microblaze and ARM processor
- Experience with scripting languages such as Shell, Perl, Python and utilities such as Make, Tcl, etc.
- MATLAB scripting and simulation
- 2+ years direct exposure to test equipment design and development tasks.
- Experience with digital test generation techniques (boundary scan, digital simulation, manual vector generation, and automated vector generation tools)
- Equally comfortable with hands on hardware integration, software development, and simulation work
Keywords: VHDL, Verilog, and/or System Verilog coding, FPGA, digital design, C, C++
At Raytheon, we innovate to create solutions and solve complex challenges across all domains: from land and sea to air, space, and cyberspace. In doing so, we embrace the talent, expertise and perspectives of our diverse workforce, each bringing their skills, ideas and dedication to the work we do. We pride ourselves on our commitment to our customers, industry partners and our teammates, making a positive impact not only to our business, but also in our communities where we live and work. Our constant innovation is made possible by a strong culture, investing in our people, and an unwavering vision that’s shared by Raytheon employees across the globe – a vision of one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place.
Raytheon has been recognized as a respected employer and valued corporate citizen for our employment practices, programs and community support by a number of highly-regarded organizations. The list includes: Forbes, Glassdoor, National Veterans Small Business Association, Corporate Responsibility Magazine, Environmental Protection Agency, Affinity Inc. and many more.
What We Offer: Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, Raytheon offers a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits Raytheon offers include parental leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
Find out why Forbes ranks us among the top 500 of America’s Best Employers by visiting us online at www.raytheon.com. 139907
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Headquartered in Tewksbury, Massachusetts, IDS has 32 locations around the world. Its broad portfolio of weapons, sensors and integration systems supports its customer base across multiple mission areas, including air and missile defense systems; missile defense radars; early warning radars; naval ship operating systems; C5ITM products and services; and other advanced technologies. IDS provides affordable, integrated solutions to a broad international and domestic customer base, including the U.S. Missile Defense Agency, the U.S. Armed Forces and the Department of Homeland Security.
JBRaytheon / An Equal Opportunity Employer