Goleta, California, United States
Raytheon is seeking an EW Subsystem RF & Microwave design Electrical Engineer supporting Electronic Warfare (EW) programs. This Position is located in Goleta California.
A successful candidate should have demonstrable expertise in RF / Microwave Design and Development. This group designs RF and Microwave electronic hardware such as frequency references, frequency synthesizers, upconverters, downconverters, low noise amplifiers, and solid state power amplifiers for EW applications. Efforts include developing circuits using microstrip/stripline and performing circuit simulations and validation of design models using the Keysight Advance Design System (ADS) and Computer Simulation Technology (CST). Our designs satisfy rigorous requirements of DoD programs. The position will also performs technical & cost trade studies, and product selection for commercially available components. All designs incorporate Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) and Design for Manufacturing & Assembly (DFMA) techniques including simulation and prototyping necessary to validate the simulations and to develop statistical margins.
Candidates will be expected to provide recommendations and solutions to a variety of technical problems of appropriate scope and complexity, working independently or in small groups. Successful candidates should expect to be immersed in a fast-paced, team-based, and challenging technical environment where an individual with talent and initiative can stand out and thrive.
The candidate will work in a multi-disciplinary team environment to develop, simulate, document, support, debug, and test various types of RF/Microwave circuit level / board level designs.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in Electrical Engineering RF / Microwave design and development.
- Must have experience with RF/Microwave building blocks: Antennas, Amplifier, Attenuator, Directional Coupler, Frequency Mixer, Lowpass/Bandpass/Highpass Filter, Oscillator, Power Divider, RF Switch, Voltage Controlled Oscillator (VCO), Voltage Reference or Voltage Variable Attenuator.
- Must have an understanding of the following RF/Microwave concepts & terminology: dB, dBc, dBi, dBm, Bandwidth, G/T, Gain, Gain Flatness, Isolation, Noise Figure, Phase Noise, Return Loss, Spurious, and VSWR
- Must have experience using RF/Microwave test equipment such as a Network Analyzer with calibrations kits, Spectrum Analyzer, Signal Generator, RF Power Meter or Oscilloscope
- Current experience with design tools such as ADS, CTS, HFSS, FEKO, Matlab, PSpice, AWR Microwave Office, Sonnet, Schematic/Layout tools
- Occasional domestic travel may be required
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- Clearance required within 1st year AND role requires access to US only data
- Electronic Warfare Sub-Systems Engineering Experience
- Familiarity with Digital Design
- Mentor Board Station and Expedition Schematic/Layout
- Advocate for process improvement (e.g. CMMI and Six Sigma); experience building strong relationships and effectively partnering with internal resources; customer focused
- Detailed understanding of the following RF/Microwave concepts & terminology:, Gain Compression and Intermodulation Products
- Third Order Intercept, Phase & Amplitude Settling, EIRP
- Design experience with Traveling Wave Tube Amplifiers (TWTAs)
- Power Supply design and modeling
- EVMS & Integrated Project Team Leadership Experience
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering (or equivalent)
- Master of Science degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world — in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
JBRaytheon / An Equal Opportunity Employer