Network Design Engineer
Colorado Springs CO
- Understand designs and plans network communications systems
- Provides specifications and detailed schematics for network architecture
- Provides specific detailed information for hardware and software selection, implementation techniques and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements
- Conducts testing of network design
- Maintains technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, multiplexers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc.
- Evaluates and reports on new communications technologies to enhance capabilities of the network
- CompTIA Security+ certification mandatory, CCNA preferred or equivalent
- Excellent communication skills, particularly the ability to communicate with staff who aren’t technically trained
- Understands the skill to take on a variety of tasks and pay attention to detail
- Analytical and problem-solving ability
- Teamwork skills and the ability to feel comfortable working with different teams, clients and groups of staff across an organization
- Organizational skills and the ability to prioritize your workload
- Familiarity with COTs communication products including Cisco routers, switches, Cisco IOS, Domain Name Servers (DNS), ASA firewalls, Firepower, Identity Services Engine, Juniper devices, HP switches and data encryption products including the KG-175 TACLANE
- Proven Communication Network Engineering in the DoD environment
- Knowledge of MDA and the BMDS
- STIG implementation and standards
- Minimum DoD Secret Clearance, Top Secret is a plus
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 6 years of professional experience; or 4 years of professional experience with a related Master’s degree.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges — from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation and training solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.2 billion in 2018 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world — in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
JBRaytheon / An Equal Opportunity Employer