Would you like to work in a collaborative environment at an amazing facility in Dulles, VA?
Then join our Raytheon team of smart people solving problems that make the world a safer place and help to secure our great nation! Come support those who provide us with all the freedoms we enjoy. Our facility in Dulles, VA is a modern campus that offers an on-site cafeteria, large gym, as well as convenient access to a host of amenities in the Virginia/DC/Maryland metropolitan area and proximity to outdoor recreation in Shenandoah National Park and George Washington National Forest. Additionally, we offer employee appreciation lunches, bonus opportunities, and great benefits that include medical, paternity leave, dental, vision, 401K match, and flexible work schedule – just to name a few.
We are a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, security and civil markets throughout the world. Our latest company video is about our people, our technology, our vision, and the values we hold dear at Raytheon. Click here to view: https://youtu.be/qvbCgKpkEds.
Clearance Requirements: None / not required
Location: Raytheon IIS, Dulles, VA
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services (IIS) is currently seeking a Principal Systems Engineer to perform as a cyber solutions engineer providing the next generation cyber security systems for international customers. This position requires experience across a broad range of cyber technologies and working in a team environment with responsibilities across all phases of Systems development including concept development, requirements, functional analysis, design reviews, implementation, test, verification and validation.
The responsibilities of the cyber solutions engineer include:
- Contributing to the system design, including CONOPs, scenario, and use case development
- Validation of the design with internal and external customers
- Engaging with the factory implementation, test, and deployment of the system
- Working with the team through acceptance and initial operation
- Contributing to the training of the ops team
- 6+ years demonstrated engineering experience in cyber security architecture and operations
- Experience with Agile development and the Atlassian tool suite (JIRA, Test Rail, Confluence)
- Enthusiastic & energetic performer able to work in a dynamic, fast-paced, & high visibility environment
- Willingness to travel to the Middle East/North Africa (MENA) region ( est. 30% )
- Current / Active US Passport
- Experience working on systems engineering teams throughout the full system development life cycle, from requirements and architecture through integration, verification, and validation
- Experience with the development of formal systems engineering artifacts across that life cycle
- Experience in DevOps environments
- Supporting international customer and contracts including export/import regulations
- Experience supporting business development and proposal teams
- Effective written and verbal communication, customer focus, collaboration, and multitasking skills
- B.S. in Aerospace Engineering, Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Math, or similar STEM degree
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
JBRaytheon / An Equal Opportunity Employer