Goleta, California, United States
Raytheon Space & Airborne Systems is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to be an active participant on the software development team for Electronic Warfare (EW) projects, working with cutting edge technologies in products that protect our warfighter.
The candidate will take part in the embedded real-time software development and/or GUI based simulation tool development. The software development will consist of applying and developing advanced methodologies, scientific principles, theories, and concepts related to EW algorithms and embedded processing for real time systems.
- Participating in the full software development lifecycle (requirements analysis, design, implementation and unit testing, software integration and test, system level integration), all using the established Raytheon engineering processes and practices.
- Performing requirements analysis / definition to ensure the system will meet customer requirements.
- Participating in code reviews and other software artifact reviews.
- Interacting with engineers from other disciplines, such as Systems Engineering and Hardware Engineering, to obtain pertinent information required to accomplish tasks.
- Work as part of a multi-disciplined team where there are experienced engineers to provide mentoring and support.
- Using modular design approaches and/or agile software development techniques for a high quality, supportable software system.
- May also be called upon to provide flight test and field support, which offers the engineer unique insights into the importance our EW products have to the warfighter.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in software development
- Experience with developing, testing, and integrating software
- Experience using software source control tools and automated build environments
- Solid programming experience in C, C++ and/or C#
- Position requires US citizenship
- Must be able to get SECRET Clearance within first year of employment.
- Some experience with embedded system concepts and Real-Time Operating Systems (RTOS) such as Wind River VxWorks or Green Hills (GH) Integrity
- Knowledgeable on embedded system concepts such as preemptive, multitasking real-time operating systems
- Working experience with Object Oriented Analysis and Design (OOA/D) and use of Unified Modeling Language (UML) or other design language/notation
- Experience with developing, testing, and integrating software in a DoD environment
- Familiarity with Agile or working knowledge of lifecycle processes including Scrum, Continuous Integration, and Test Driven Development Methodologies, including use of Agile Lifecycle Management tools like VersionOne or Rational Team Concert
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong Team Player
- Experience in all phases of the software development life-cycle
- Ability to work occasional overtime to support critical program events
- Ability to travel and support off-site facilities as needed
- BS or higher degree in Engineering, Science, Mathematics, Physics, or equivalent.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world — in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
JBRaytheon / An Equal Opportunity Employer