The Space Dynamics Lab is seeking a senior cybersecurity engineer to support the development and implementation of cybersecurity tools and techniques across a variety of small satellite programs.
· Evaluating customer requirements for cybersecurity purposes
· Designing cybersecurity architectures for various small satellite systems
· Implementing cybersecurity tools, techniques and controls on various small satellite systems
· Conducting penetration tests on small satellites
· Drafting test reports following unit, developmental and operational tests
· Ensuring SDL’s small satellite systems meet customer requirements, objectives and compliance specifications.
· BS degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, or other related field
· 5 years of cybersecurity related experience
· 5 years of systems engineering experience
· 3 years’ experience in identifying, implementing, assessing and testing security controls (NIST SP 800-53, CNSSI 1253)
· 3 years’ experience with penetration testing
· Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
· Work effectively both independently and within multi-disciplinary teams
· Must have or be able to obtain a DoD security clearance
· Must be a U.S. citizen
· Must be able to travel on occasion
· Master’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering or other related technical field
· One or more industry accepted cybersecurity certifications
· Experience leading teams
· Experience with the Risk Management Framework (RMF)
· Experience using Xacta
About SDL: as nonprofit unit of the Utah State University Research Foundation, SDL has been solving the technical challenges faced by the military, science community, and industry since 1959. SDL offers flexible work schedules and competitive salaries and benefits. As a University Affiliated Research Center (UARC), SDL also offers unique benefits, such as company contribution of 14.2% of annual gross earnings for retirement for exempt staff and discounted USU tuition of 50% for employees and dependents.
JBSpace Dynamics Laboratory / An Equal Opportunity Employer