Washington DC US
The ESA IV program provides the Antitrust Division (ATR) of the Department of Justice customers with managed information technology services and secure technology solutions, including managed service desk, managed print, and end-user support, etc. The program provides a full breadth of IT and data solutions, including hardware and software acquisition; desktop PC maintenance and support; application server management; overall system security; help desk services; disaster recovery planning and preparation; data center and new technology insertion; etc.
Leidos is looking for an experienced Project Scheduler for the ESA IV program to assist its Service Delivery Manager, Operations Manager, Project Manager, and client with ongoing operational and development projects. The Project Scheduler will create and maintain Microsoft Project files, including use of templates from completed projects, create and maintain calendars, including working days, and holidays, define project tasks, resource assignments, milestones, predecessors, successors, durations, date constraints, maintain staff and sub-contractor costs, % completes, etc. The Project Scheduler will create a shared resource pool, connect to a resource pool, work with master projects and sub-projects, develop target schedules based on availability, quality, etc., manage resource allocation and schedule risks, model project costs, set and maintain baselines, define and maintain critical paths, and other tasks as defined.
- Create and maintain Microsoft Project files, including use of templates from completed projects, create and maintain calendars, including working days, and holidays, define project tasks, resource assignments, milestones, predecessors, successors, durations, date constraints, staff and sub-contractor costs, % completes, etc.
- Create and maintain a shared resource pool, connect to a resource pool, work with master projects and sub-projects, develop target schedules based on availability, quality requirements, etc., manage resource allocation, project costs, baselines, and critical paths.
- Develop mechanisms for monitoring project progress, intervention and problem solving with the Service Delivery Manager, Operations Manager, Project Manager, and client.
- Troubleshooting and monitoring potential schedule problems including bottlenecks and critical path.
- Determining, monitoring and reviewing all project schedules to include resources, interdependences, risks, etc.
- Providing input, recommendations, and assistance to Project Managers, Operations Managers and Service Delivery Manager regarding scheduling conflicts/ changes.
- Identifying major milestones, decision points, project lifecycle and other project events.
- Facilitating and participating in weekly program and schedule reviews.
- Assisting in recording and tracking program review meeting minutes and action items.
- Working closely with teams and project managers to develop reports and schedules.
- BA or BS degree with 3 – 4 years of prior relevant experience, or Masters with 1 – 2 years of prior relevant experience.
- Practical knowledge and experience with MS Project in a team environment
- Basic experience in creating, applying and maintaining tools to track program, project, or task performance data, including cost, schedule, and performance data.
- Ability to provide oral and written discussion of analytical findings using narrative and graphic forms.
- Facilitation skills; excellent communication; and mission-focused
- Logical; organized; detailed oriented; and team-player
- Flexible and creative at getting deliverables accomplished in demanding environments
- Experience with resource leveling, crashing schedule, descoping, etc. to fit timelines
- Experience in the creation of routine and ad hoc reports.
- Advanced skills with MS Project and scheduling tools
- Prior experience supporting federal government programs
- ITIL Certification – Foundation preferred
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That’s why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.
JBLeidos / An Equal Opportunity Employer