Project Management Graduate Leadership Development Programme
Location(s): Any UK site (Either Harlow, Glenrothes, Waddington or Broughton). Graduates will need to be geographically flexible as the role will rotate across multiple UK sites during the graduate programme.
Application: Submit a CV and cover letter (explaining why you have applied for the role, and to Raytheon UK) directly to our careers website. Attach the most recent university module transcript to your application.
Summary of Role:
Raytheon UK is looking for dynamic and high performing Graduates to join their highly successful Project Management Graduate Programme. This is a challenging role that will be highly rewarding and high profile, working across multiple UK sites and interfacing with various project support disciplines and communicating with senior leadership staff.
The successful candidates will be required to work at Raytheon sites for short and extended periods to gain an in-depth understanding of the different business areas and products.
Visits to other Raytheon and customer sites outside the UK and potentially in the US may be required. Raytheon UK’s Project Management career progression certification scheme is fully accredited by the Association for Project Management (APM).
Project Management Main Duties:
Raytheon UK organises its business into projects as a method to respond to the demands of its customers and maintain a competitive market position. Project management is therefore a discipline essential to the performance of the business and Project Managers are responsible for defining, planning, monitoring, controlling, reporting and delivering these projects so that the required benefits are achieved.
Project Managers have overall responsibility for their projects, and are accountable for their successful delivery. This accountability means that Project Managers have to work with other disciplines such as Engineering, Finance, Commercial and Legal to deliver projects that meet both the goals of the business and the goals of the customer. Delivering projects in this context requires the co-ordination of complex interdependencies that need careful consideration.
The role of a Project Manager is to:
- Assign resources for a project
- Work with the customer to establish requirements
- Plan the project lifecycle
- Set priorities
- Maintain control of the project (labour, timescales, resources, budget, quality, administration, customer requirements, delegation of tasks)
- Achieve all of the customer’s and Raytheon UK’s goals on time, to budget and to the required quality.
- 2:1 or above undergraduate degree (any degree discipline).
- Pre university qualifications equivalent to 120 UCAS points new system or 300 UCAS points old system
- Ability to relocate or travel to different UK sites for the role, and relocate during the role if required
- Numerical skills demonstrated through academic achievement, numerical degree or work experience
- A degree in Project Management or a Business related degree that incorporates project management as a significant element of the course.
- Member (Graduate Level) of a relevant Project Management Professional Institution such as the Association for Project Management (APM)
About Raytheon UK
With facilities in Broughton, Waddington, Glenrothes, Harlow, Gloucester and Manchester, Raytheon UK is invested in the British workforce and the development of UK technology. Across the country the company employs 1,700 people and supports 8,000 jobs. As a prime contractor and major supplier to the U.K. Ministry of Defence, Raytheon continues to invest in research and development, supporting innovation and technological advances across the country.
Raytheon Company, with 2018 sales of $27 billion and 67,000 employees, is a technology and innovation leader specialising in defence, civil government and cybersecurity solutions. With a history of innovation spanning 97 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration, C5I™ products and services, sensing, effects and mission support for customers in more than 80 countries. Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
Raytheon Career Development:
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.
- £27,500 salary with twice yearly pay reviews in the first 2 years and £2,500 joining bonus
- 25 days holiday + statutory public holidays
- Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution)
- 6 times salary ‘Life Assurance’
- Flexible Benefits scheme with extensive salary sacrifice scheme’s.
- Enhanced sick pay scheme
- Enhanced Family Friendly Policies, including enhanced Maternity & Shared Parental leave.
- 37hr working week, with an early finish Friday (hours may vary depending on role, job requirement or site specifics arrangements).
- Flexible working arrangements can be considered depending on the role and subject to line manager approval.
- Canteen facilities available at Harlow & Glenrothes sites and Manchester & Gloucester offer free snacks & drinks (hot & cold) available.
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success. Raytheon UK pro-actively encourages diversity of ideas, thoughts, and networking opportunities and has created Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) including Raytheon Women’s Network, YesNet (Young Employees Success Network), Raytheon Reservist Network (RaRe), Raytheon Alliance for Diverse Abilities (RADA) and all work together with our Diversity & Inclusion counsel, and all Raytheon employees are welcome to participate regardless of their background.
As a proud contributor to the HM Armed Forces, Raytheon UK signed the HM Armed Forces covenant in 2014. Due to the varied activities and support to our Armed Forces & Reservists,
Raytheon UK has since been awarded the prestigious Covenant ‘Gold Award’ Employee Recognition.
Raytheon UK recognise that our people are the critical factor in our success, and we strive to provide a challenging and rewarding careers.
JBRaytheon / An Equal Opportunity Employer