Dallas Texas United States
None / Not Required
The Production Associate will be part of a team that is involved with the finishing of cutting edge machined components. (Please note: This position can expect to train on 1st shift (4 – 12 weeks) and may move to any of three shifts to meet scheduling and business needs.)
- Masking, sanding, repair, and application of powder paint.
- A successful candidate will have the ability to perform advanced manual finishing techniques such as hand sanding ing, patching/reworking surfaces with proprietary coatings, paints, and primers, performing routine thickness measurements, and understanding critical requirements for complex coating stacks.
- At least one year of experience in a powder coat production environment and familiarity with blueprints.
- 2 years of work experience
- Must be able to read and write legibly and maintain accurate records
- Proficient at working with powder coat painting equipment and ability to wear a respirator.
- Experience in a fast paced shop environment supporting multiple priorities
- Job duties require excellent hand / finger dexterity and attention to detail.
- The successful candidate will have a demonstrated history of being able to adhere to detailed work instructions and quality standards.
- The candidate must have basic computer and math skills.
- Able to perform repetitive tasks in accordance with an established, proven process and to perform in-process inspection in accordance with company standards and customer specifications.
- Effective time management skills are a must.
- Candidate must be open to working any shift (1st, 2nd or 3rd)
- Ability to regularly lift up to 28 pounds
- U.S. Citizenship required
- Highly competent and trustworthy. Sincere relationship management skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal oral communication skills
- Positive attitude and teaming skills needed
- A successful candidate would be able to accomplish daily work tasks with a minimum amount of supervision
- Experience working in a general paint shop environment
- Industrial wet/powder paint experience
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Basic knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerance
- Familiar with military and government paint specifications
- Ability to obtain a DoD Secret clearance
Required Education (including Major):
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Missile Systems (RMS) is the world leader in the design, development and production of missile systems for critical requirement including air-to-air, strike, surface Navy air defense, land combat missiles, guided projectiles, exoatmospheric kill vehicles, missile defense and directed energy weapons. RMS is headquartered in Tucson, Arizona with over 11,000 employees operating at sites across the country and internationally.
JBRaytheon / An Equal Opportunity Employer