Fullerton, California, United States
Raytheon IIS, in Fullerton CA, is looking for a Principal Technical Planner to partner with Program Managers, Integrated Product Team Leads (IPTLs), Control Account Managers (CAMs), and other technical personnel, to develop and maintain the program Master Phasing Schedule (MPS), Integrated Master Plan and Integrated Master Schedule (IMP/IMS). The candidate in this position may work independently, or as part of a team of planners, supporting programs and/or proposals.
Responsibilities include but not limited too; Establishing/supporting the weekly and monthly program business rhythm, providing in-depth and actionable schedule and risk analysis, tracking and reporting of critical program information with the ability to advise on key program milestones/activities, and “major” IMS decision points; Facilitate/lead technical planning sessions; Contribute to the continuous improvement and implementation of new project planning/scheduling concepts, techniques, policies and procedures to meet Raytheon, Program, and customer requirements; May assist in the development of other program artifacts (i.e. Product/Work Breakdown Structure (PBS/WBS), Organizational Breakdown Structure (OBS); Perform related analysis of the schedule critical path; Perform and defend Schedule Risk Assessments (SRA) and related analysis; Work with CAMs/IPTLs/engineers on key items in the schedule to facilitate/develop alternative technical solutions that improve the program critical path and probability of success; Provide data and reporting formats for all types and levels of program reviews, and prepare written and verbal reports to management regarding schedule variances.
- Must be a US Citizen
- 8+ years of program Planning/Scheduling experience (MS Project preferred)
- Working knowledge of Integrated Master Plans and the relationship to the IMS
- Advanced knowledge of Earned Value Management Systems and reporting (APEX EV preferred)
- Advanced knowledge of Schedule Risk Assessment/Analysis
- Demonstrated knowledge of Engineering processes, to include the Software Development lifecycle
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate/lead technical planning sessions
- Possess excellent analytical, presentation, and communication skills
- Ability to quickly/easily adjust to changing priorities/direction
- Demonstrated experience using MS Office applications including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Familiarity with the following software applications: Milestones Professional, Full Monte (or similar Schedule Risk software); MPM or APEX financial systems
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or PMI Scheduling Professional certification (PMI-SP)
- Experience with Capture/Proposal process
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Science, Math, or other Technical discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience (Tech Bachelor Degree = 8 years of additional applicable experience)
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges — from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation and training solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.2 billion in 2018 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world — in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
JBRaytheon / An Equal Opportunity Employer