PrincipalSystems Engineer, Systems Architecture CFPT
Colorado Springs, CO
- Perform use case development, requirements solicitation, derivation and development.
- Under the direction of various technical leads and require interfacing with team members, C2BMC management, and government customers to ensure high quality products are generated on time and within the resources available.
- Generation of responsible sections of the capability specifications, adhering to DOORS processes and procedures, reviewing the content and details of technical products, and acting as a technical interface to MDA working level counterparts on an as-required basis.
- Ability to be part of an integrated team tasked with developing and maintaining the physical, functional, and technical requirements baselines necessary to describe the desired capabilities of an evolving BMDS Battle Management, Command & Control, and Communications (C2BMC) system.
- Demonstrated experience in mission analysis with skill in development of scenarios/use cases.
- Experienced user of the DOORS tool.
- Maintenance of system and component baselines in a requirement management system; defining the relationships between internal and external components; communicating the desired component relationships to a diverse group of customers, developers, engineers, subject matter experts, and users
- Generating system/element level functional, performance, and interface specifications to document and control the achievement of the desired capabilities.
- Skills in logical architecture modeling and/or interface definition are highly desirable.
- Experience with Agile/Iterative Development Methods is also a big plus.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze high-level needs utilizing use cases/scenarios and relate them to the requirements.
- Experience with / knowledge of MBSE or model-based engineering desired.
- Able to communicate effectively and clearly present technical approaches and findings.
- Demonstrated ability to implement engineering plans within a project.
Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 8 years of increasingly responsible Systems Engineering/requirements engineering roles in the development, integration and support of large-scale software intensive systems. A Master’s degree and 6 years of experience may be substituted.
This position will be assigned to the System Architecture Cross-Functional Product Team, supporting Task Order 38 primarily. Some travel may be required. A final SECRET clearance is required. Position will also be assigned supporting Analysis and SE artifacts for other Task Orders as required.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges — from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation and training solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.2 billion in 2018 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world — in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
JBRaytheon / An Equal Opportunity Employer