Are you ready to take on a fresh challenge, grow your career and contribute to making the world a safer place? Raytheon is ready to help you achieve your goals. Join our Raytheon Air Traffic Systems engineering team and get the opportunity and support to find purpose, thrive and succeed. We provide bonus opportunities, award winning wellness program, access to walking trails, outdoor patio, and great benefits that include medical, dental, vision, 401k match, and a flexible work schedule – just to name a few.
From proactive cyber threat hunting to GPS-guided precision landing to enhanced mid- and long-range weather planning, Raytheon continues to pave the way for the data-driven, dynamic future of air travel. Our unique portfolio of automation, surveillance, navigation and landing solutions —backed by extensive cyber, analytics and software expertise— is improving safety and efficiency across more than two-thirds of the world’s air space.
Raytheon’s Air Traffic Systems (ATS) sub-mission area is a world leader in air traffic automation, surveillance and navigation, responsible for providing air traffic tools to air navigation service providers (ANSPs) around the world. Raytheon Intelligence, Information, and Services (IIS) in Marlborough, MA, is seeking an experienced Systems Engineer to join our team developing next generation of air traffic systems.
This position is for a Systems Engineer who will be part of an innovative team that performs system and subsystem requirements development, system level design, and system integration and test. Regular duties include participating in requirements and design discussions and reviews, producing requirements artifacts, characterizing system performance, integrating software and hardware, writing and conducting system level test procedures, coordinating with internal stakeholders, and communicating with customers. Experience or knowledge of en-route and/or terminal control systems is a plus. This position requires interaction with internal and external customers.
Additionally, this candidate will leverage their experience to develop enhancements for Air Traffic Control systems. Experience or knowledge of en-route and/or terminal control systems, such as ARTS/CARTS, STARS, ERAM,SWIM, ITWS or ASDE is a plus, as is familiarity with customer communities, standards and future initiatives, such as: Euro control, ICAO, Single European Sky, Next-Gen ATMS and Weather Systems, and trajectory and flow management.
This position requires interaction with internal and external customers.
- 8+ Systems engineering or software testing experience – to include requirements analysis and development, large system design, system level integration, system testing (hands on), system integration, trouble shooting and testing
- BS in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM), or MS in STEM with 6 years of experience.
- Understanding of the systems engineering lifecycle and system level design and the ability to develop system level requirements and design artifacts
- Experience developing system and subsystem level requirements and designs for hardware and software implementations
- Working knowledge of COTS workstations and networks
- Experience with UNIX or Linux operating systems, such as Oracle Solaris or Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
- Able to travel, occasional domestic travel in support of the program; potential for international travel
- Experience solving complex problems in Air Traffic Control/Management Systems
- Experience in the systems engineering, development and operation of Weather or Air Traffic Management Systems
- Proven innovator of new and emerging technologies
- Exposure to Communications Systems or Parallel Processing
- Working knowledge of COTS servers, workstations, and networks
- Experience with shells and scripting languages, such as Bash
- Experience modifying and administering networked UNIX or Linux operating systems, such as JumpStart or Kickstart
- Familiarity with Agile lifecycle process including Scrum, Kanban, DevOps, Continuous Integration, and Test Driven Development Methodologies
- Experience with Atlassian tool suite such as JIRA, Confluence, Bamboo, and Bitbucket
- Experience with DOORS or similar requirements management tool
Requires a degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics and a minimum of 8 years of prior relevant experience.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
JBRaytheon / An Equal Opportunity Employer