Security Clearance: Secret
The Integration & Verification (I&V) Center within the Systems Test Directorate is seeking candidates a Principal Systems Engineer to perform the role of Systems Integrator Engineer for development and production programs. The selected candidate will lead and support test planning, integration, testing, and analysis.
- Develop verify and execute test plans and procedures
- Utilize lab / field test equipment for testing and troubleshooting
- Develop and influence test objectives collaboratively with other functional disciplines within the program
- Perform as a leader of integration and/or field test teams for: system builds and data analysis, qualification testing, design verification testing, hardware integration, vehicle integration, and demonstration
- Provide programmatic coordination and technical oversight of units under tests that entails the build, test and integration, including review and analysis of acceptance data for both lab and field test activities.
- Compile and analyze test data and provide detailed reports of the results.
- Should test failures occur, perform root cause and corrective action analysis as required.
- Accountable for pedigree control and completeness of all documentation.
- Able to support field testing with occasional travel for durations typically one to two week durations.
- Support, create and present Consent to Ship (CTS) and Test Readiness Review (TRR) packages
- Provide proposal support including writing of Basis of Estimates (BOEs) for integration and field test support requests from customers in support of RFPs
- Able to travel to domestic field sites on occasion
Required Experience & Skills:
- A minimum of eight (8) years of technical/engineering experience in a test environment with emphasis in test planning and/or execution
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Experience developing and evaluating requirements
- Understanding and working knowledge of troubleshooting and failure process
- Advanced understanding and use of lab/field test equipment
- Experience with Verification and Validation methods and associated activities
- Experience creating integration and verification strategies to support efficiency improvements
Desired Experience & Skills:
- Demonstrated strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Able to perform successfully in an environment with frequent and direct interaction with customers and peers
- Able to work well in diverse teams and have the ability to multi-task
- Customer oriented and results driven
- Excellent communication (oral and written) skills
- Experience performing real time data collection / analysis (including telemetry)
- BA/BS in Engineering or Related field (Preferred Majors: Electrical, Aerospace, Mechanical, Software, Physics or Systems) and 8 years of relevant experience; Master’s with 6 years of relevant experience; Ph.D. with 4 years relevant experience
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Missile Systems (RMS) is the world leader in the design, development and production of missile systems for critical requirement including air-to-air, strike, surface Navy air defense, land combat missiles, guided projectiles, exoatmospheric kill vehicles, missile defense and directed energy weapons. RMS is headquartered in Tucson, Arizona with over 11,000 employees operating at sites across the country and internationally.
Electrical Engineering, General Engineering, Integration and Test Engineering, Systems Engineering, Test Engineering, Engineering, All Electrical Engineering, General Engineering, Integration & Test Engineering, Systems Engineering, Test Engineering
JBRaytheon Principal Systems Engineer JP2
Engineering – Hardware / Software, IT / Telecom, Project / Program Management, SKENG, SKITT, SKPMP, CLZSS, LOCMcKinney LOCTexas LOCUSA