Tewksbury, Massachusetts, United States
We have an opportunity for a Principal Software Engineer within the Software Engineering Directorate in Tewksbury Massachusetts. SED’s mission is to provide world class software for projects such as Patriot, the world’s pre-eminent air defense system and other next generation sensor systems for the US military.
As part of this team you will perform software development, including requirements definition, design and implementation, and testing. The candidate will be responsible for implementing new capabilities, debugging, and fixing problems within software applications, and supporting integration and verification efforts. Our software applications are developed using C++ running on a variety of computing platforms utilizing Linux, LynxOS, and Windows operating systems.
This position requires the ability to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only US Citizens are eligible for a clearance.
- Minimum 8+ years in software engineering or related field
- C++ Programming experience
- Strong problem solving ability
- Ability to work independently and develop solutions to complex problems
- This position requires the ability to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only US Citizens are eligible for a clearance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- Leadership Experience
- Real-time software development experience
- Clear Case/Rational Apex or equivalent configuration management tool experience
- Experience in Agile/Scrum development
- Experience and familiarity with RTI DDS
- Software development experience in DoD environment
- Strong working knowledge of Linux
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with multi-threaded application development
- Experience working in a team environment developing commercial or defense system software applications
- A demonstrated willingness to dive in and research problems associated with legacy code
- Security Clearance
What’s YOUR Mission?
Here at Raytheon, we work together as one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Our innovation spans all domains: from land and sea to air, space and cyberspace. We’re inspired by a noble mission that’s shared by Raytheon employees around the globe and an inclusive culture that empowers employees and celebrates their contributions.
What We Offer: Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, Raytheon offers a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits Raytheon offers include paternal leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
Find out why Forbes ranks us among the top 500 of America’s Best Employers by visiting us online at www.raytheon.com.
Stay Connected: Don’t miss out on what’s happening at Raytheon.
- Follow @Raytheon on Twitter
- Follow Raytheon on YouTube
- Follow Raytheon on LinkedIn
- Follow Raytheon Company on Instagram
Diversity is at the heart of all we do at Raytheon. We embrace diversity and diverse opinions; we treat people with dignity and respect to support our inclusive culture. This allows us to retain and attract the world-class talent and supplier base we need to develop the innovative solutions our global customers depend on. We view our diversity as a competitive advantage as a key enabler of our growth.”
– Thomas A. Kennedy
Raytheon Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization. 140212
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Headquartered in Tewksbury, Massachusetts, IDS has 32 locations around the world. Its broad portfolio of weapons, sensors and integration systems supports its customer base across multiple mission areas, including air and missile defense systems; missile defense radars; early warning radars; naval ship operating systems; C5ITM products and services; and other advanced technologies. IDS provides affordable, integrated solutions to a broad international and domestic customer base, including the U.S. Missile Defense Agency, the U.S. Armed Forces and the Department of Homeland Security.
JBRaytheon / An Equal Opportunity Employer