Plano Texas United States
None / Not Required
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) is seeking a strong candidate to join the SAS Microelectronics and Power Products Procurement Team. This position will manage medium complexity procurements in support of all SAS locations. The Buyer will be the focal point for interface and communications between the Programs and the Suppliers for these procurements.
- Sourcing, negotiating, awarding and documenting purchases for materials and services for microelectronics & power products, optics and major assembly requirements. Procurements will include commercial parts, build to print, and SSOW requirements.
- Compiling and analyzing data to perform price analysis as well as reviewing proposals to establish price objectives.
- Performing Bid/proposal activities including PIAs, RFIs, and RFQs.
- Ensuring that requirements (prime contract, quality, terms and conditions) are properly communicated to suppliers in bid and proposal activity as well as Purchase Orders.
- Making source selections using techniques such as best value, Total Cost of Ownership etc.
- Performing cost analyses, conducting negotiations, and identifying supplier risks.
- Interfacing with internal customers and suppliers to ensure that the material/services are delivered on-time and in accordance with the specifications and quality notes documented in the Purchase Order. Managing supplier performance to cost, schedule and quality requirements.
- Executing to customer requirements including government regulations, public law and Raytheon policies and procedures.
Responsibilities may include:
- Minimal travel
- 6+ years of related experience in major complex assemblies or relevant experience in procurement/sub-contracts role.
- Ability to read and understand drawings, specifications, and other engineering documents including SOWs
- Working knowledge of and ability to insure subcontract compliance with Public Laws, Raytheon policies, Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR/DFAR), and ITAR and import/export requirements
- High proficiency in use of Microsoft Products, SAP, on-line PO documentation tools, Supplier management tools, Drawing management systems and general knowledge of Supply Chain processes
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects from start to completion
- Demonstrated ability to lead negotiations (price, schedule and supplier exceptions to contractual flow down requirements, Terms and Conditions)
- Proficiency to perform and comprehend price analyses and source selection/justification
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with internal customers and suppliers.
- Proven experience in handling multiple decisions based on workload dispersion, program priorities, and competing priorities
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- Ability to filter information from multiple sources to drive innovative solutions
- Effective at influencing others
- Demonstrated ability to quickly assimilate new information, processes and tools.
- Strong problem solving skills
- Six Sigma or equivalent certification
- Ability to obtain a US Government Security Clearance
Bachelor’s Degree BS or BA (preferably in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Contract Administration)
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world — in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
JBRaytheon / An Equal Opportunity Employer