Security Clearance: None / Not Required
Raytheon seeks an experienced Mechanical Engineer / Thermal Analyst committed to providing top-quality electronics products for the nation’s defense, in a cooperative and collaborative work environment. The position of Principal Mechanical Engineer / Thermal Analyst is available with the following responsibilities:
- Perform conceptual and detailed thermal analysis of Antennas, RF products/sub-systems, EO Sensors, and Electronic components / devices for application in ground-based, airborne and maritime defense. Responsibilities include the analysis of thermal systems, air- and fluid-flow systems, and air- or liquid-cooled electronic enclosures. Analysis incorporates extensive and detailed use of finite-element tools, as well as classical methods / hand calculations to perform temperature predictions of electronic components and experiment design
- Work intimately with hardware design team during conceptual and detailed mechanical design phases. Design and perform engineering and verification/qualification tests
- Coordination with vendors / suppliers, to include product analysis review and establishing design requirements.
- Utilize thermal analysis and design capabilities to further Raytheon’s competitive advantage through cutting-edge Internal Research and Development (IRAD) activities
- Candidate will be expected to follow established procedures and instructions while working closely with program and management supervision to ensure design objectives are met
- Occasional travel is required
- 8+ years of experience performing thermal analysis or equivalent educational background, 6+ years of experience with an MS degree and 4+ years with a PhD
- Experience with commercially-available finite-element or finite-difference thermal analysis software, such as Icepak, FLUENT, Star-CCM+, ANSYS, or NASTRAN
- Thermal design, analysis, and thermal testing experience of electronic assemblies
- Experience with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills, with ability to discuss technical material with others in a teaming environment
- Ability to solve difficult problems by applying basic scientific principles and concepts
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
- Thermal design/analysis of semiconductors and/or electronic packaging
- Knowledge of commercial CAD software, such as Creo, SolidWorks, or Unigraphics
- Ability to read detailed engineering drawings and specifications
- Programming experience in Matlab, Python, C++, or Visual Basic
- Structural / stress analysis experience
- Existing security clearance and prior experience designing, testing and / or supporting aerospace / defense-related products
Required Education: Must have a B.S. or higher from an ABET accredited university with a major in Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, Math, or other related field
Desired Education: M.S. or Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering or related field from accredited university 129079
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world — in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Hardware Engineering, Engineering, All Hardware Engineering
JBRaytheon Principal Mechanical Engineer – Thermal Analysis JP2
Engineering – Hardware / Software, IT / Telecom, SKENG, SKITT, CLZUU, LOCMcKinney LOCTexas LOCUSA