Annapolis Junction MD US
Network Threat Support Specialist – Mid TS/SCI w/ POLY
The Network Threat Support Specialist will perform analysis to support cyber operation. The NTSS will serve as a member of a computer network operations (CNO) intelligence team, focused on the threat to networked weapons platforms and US and DoD information networks. The NTSS will collaborate with analytical counterparts across the U.S. Intelligence Community; apply knowledge of threat environment, open-source tools, and current implementation of threat technologies in order to devise all-source analytic/collection strategies to pursue access and exploitation of targets of interest.
- Provide malware first-look and triage analysis and signature development support to a 24×7 watch operations. Included are network forensics and malware analysis activities such as:
- Setting up virtual machines in VMware
- Capturing file system and memory changes of an operating (victim) host
- Identification of patterns and comparing them to known malware patterns and TTPs (threats, tactics and procedures)
- Very familiar with implant types and/or open source equivalents, i.e. various Trojan implants, BOTS, and malware stages.
- Determining hard-coded command and control node IP addresses/DNS names.
- Able to perform decode, de-obfuscation and SSL decryption steps with tools.
- Able to work in team environment with strong communication skills for working with both internal and external customers.
- Has an understanding of malware analyst customers within DOD and other Federal agencies.
- UNITED STATES CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED. THIS POSITION REQUIRES AN ACTIVE TOP SECRET/SCI WITH POLYGRAPH SECURITY CLEARANCE.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent formal military training with 8-12 years of related experience.
- Work experience must include 4+ years of Intelligence analysis experience within the DoD/IC.
- Wireshark/Ethereal (tcpdump), Snort signature writing, YARA signature writing, intrusion detection (various), forensics work at host, network, or software levels, penetration testing work, malware triage analysis, malware reversing, IDA Pro, MetaSploit, EnCase, Ollydebug, advanced Windows and Linux/Unix OS experience.
- Preferred Certifications: GCFIH, CNDA, DoD Forensic Examiner and/or Network Intrusion Analyst, Security +, SSCP, Cisco CCNA (and other Cisco related network certs), Network +, CISSP, GSEC, GCIA, GPEN, GCFW, GCFA
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That’s why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.
JBLeidos / An Equal Opportunity Employer