Annapolis Junction MD US
Network Threat Support Specialist – Mid TS/SCI w/ POLY
The Network Threat Support Specialist will perform analysis to support cyber operation. The NTSS will serve as a member of a computer network operations (CNO) intelligence team, focused on the threat to networked weapons platforms and US and DoD information networks. The NTSS will collaborate with analytical counterparts across the U.S. Intelligence Community; apply knowledge of threat environment, open-source tools, and current implementation of threat technologies in order to devise all-source analytic/collection strategies to pursue access and exploitation of targets of interest.
- Provide malware first-look and triage analysis and signature development support to a 24×7 watch operations. Included are network forensics and malware analysis activities such as:
- Setting up virtual machines in VMware
- Capturing file system and memory changes of an operating (victim) host
- Identification of patterns and comparing them to known malware patterns and TTPs (threats, tactics and procedures)
- Very familiar with implant types and/or open source equivalents, i.e. various Trojan implants, BOTS, and malware stages.
- Determining hard-coded command and control node IP addresses/DNS names.
- Able to perform decode, de-obfuscation and SSL decryption steps with tools.
- Able to work in team environment with strong communication skills for working with both internal and external customers.
- Has an understanding of malware analyst customers within DOD and other Federal agencies.
- UNITED STATES CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED. THIS POSITION REQUIRES AN ACTIVE TOP SECRET/SCI WITH POLYGRAPH SECURITY CLEARANCE.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent formal military training with 8-12 years of related experience.
- Work experience must include 4+ years of Intelligence analysis experience within the DoD/IC.
- Wireshark/Ethereal (tcpdump), Snort signature writing, YARA signature writing, intrusion detection (various), forensics work at host, network, or software levels, penetration testing work, malware triage analysis, malware reversing, IDA Pro, MetaSploit, EnCase, Ollydebug, advanced Windows and Linux/Unix OS experience.
- Preferred Certifications: GCFIH, CNDA, DoD Forensic Examiner and/or Network Intrusion Analyst, Security +, SSCP, Cisco CCNA (and other Cisco related network certs), Network +, CISSP, GSEC, GCIA, GPEN, GCFW, GCFA
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
JBLeidos / An Equal Opportunity Employer