Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
Raytheon Intelligence, Information, and Services (IIS) is seeking a Lead Program Engineer (PE) to join our team in support of the COBRA DANE ground based radar program.
The Program Engineer (PE) is responsible for the cost, schedule, and technical execution of all engineering tasks within the COBRA DANE program. This position will be the Engineering point of contact for the COBRA DANE Program Manager as well as the point of contact for engineering functional staff leadership. Additionally, the COBRA DANE Lead PE will have functional management responsibility for a team of program engineers in the Colorado Springs area supporting both COBRA DANE and additional Raytheon efforts. Key responsibilities include providing engineering leadership to teams comprised of systems, hardware, logistics and other engineering disciplines.The PE job responsibilities are as follows:
- Responsible for overall Engineering execution within the program, having decision authority over all Engineering activities
- Conduct Engineering Bid Reviews (EBRs) and Engineering Program Reviews (EPRs) at authorized levels
- Support Program Management Reviews (PMRs) for all Engineering matters
- Manage overall budget and schedule for program Engineering tasks. Work closely with the functional discipline organizations to review program execution on a periodic basis to ensure schedule and cost are being met.
- Develop and approve executable Estimates at Completion (EAC) for the program in collaboration with the responsible Engineering Cost Account Managers.
- Ensure staffing forecasts are accurate and up to date, and work with Engineering discipline organizations to ensure appropriate staffing is assigned – local, distributed and/or suppliers.
- Provide oversight and review all program metrics for engineering. Ensure application of Technical Performance Measures (TPMs) across the program as a means for measuring technical progress and assessing risk.
- Oversee and manage the Risks and Opportunities execution across the program. Leverage the enterprise to reduce key risks and realize opportunities.
- Ensure effective Engineering management of suppliers – including SOWs, requirements specs, and process compliance.
- Identify and exploit synergies across programs and across the Enterprise.
- Provide accurate and timely status reports to the Program and Engineering organizations
- Execute processes and procedures across the programs that ensure consistency within the organization. Ensure process compliance, including appropriate process tailoring.
- Responsible to assure scope is managed on program assigned.
- Responsible to prepare and review non-competitive and competitive proposals and basis of estimates (BOEs) on new and follow-on pursuits to help grow the business
- Provide management support and oversight to team of PEs supporting multiple efforts. Conduct annual performance development reviews, provide training and career guidance, and staff program engineers as needed.
- Must be a US Citizen
- Requires at least 10 years of relevant engineering experience as a Leader on a multi-faceted program.
- Working knowledge of multiple engineering disciplines with a strong focus on Systems, Software, Integrated Product Development System (IPDS) and Earned Value Management System (EVMS).
- Ability to communicate within the company, prepare and deliver presentations/summaries (both verbal and written), which appropriately address the intended audience.
- Significant experience working with suppliers in technical and/or programmatic oversight role.
- Experience in all phases of development program lifecycle with a strong focus on the Sustainment and Maintenance phase.
- Significant experience in Risk and Opportunity management.
- Experience in proposal and BOE development
- Must have at minimum a Secret Clearance
- Working knowledge of ground based radar systems
- Experience with agile methods and the incorporation of tools and principles (i.e. continuous integration) to reduce defects, increase productivity, and improve maintainability
- Risk and Opportunity Certification
- Experience leading geographically dispersed teams
- PMP Certification
- R6 Sigma Specialist Qualified
- Experience as a Technical Subcontracts Manager(TSM) or Program Subcontracts Manager (PSM)
- Experience as a supervisor responsible for performance development of a team
Required Education (including Major):
B.S./B.A. in one of the followingAerospace Engineering, Information Systems, Management Information Systems, Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Computer Systems Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Math; or equivalent experience. Preference for a Master’s degree
This position requires a U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization. 140310
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges — from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation and training solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.2 billion in 2018 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world — in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
JBRaytheon / An Equal Opportunity Employer