McKinney, Texas, United States
This is a high-visibility role as the Finance Manager for the DAS franchise of Tactical EO/IR Systems (TES) Product Line, within Intelligence, Surveillance & Reconnaissance Systems (ISRS) Mission Area of Raytheon Space & Airborne Systems Business. The TES product line is comprised of two significant portfolios, ATP and DAS, consisting of franchise development-stage programs (Olympic and EODAS SDD) with sizeable investments leading to significant growth trajectory into the production-phase.
The position is an integral part of both the Finance and Program Leadership Teams helping to build strategy, creating a management operating system to maximize organizational performance, developing organizational capability, and meeting customer & shareholder commitments. Excellent communication skills required to satisfy financial deliverables and provide key actionable information.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to: Preparation of Five Year and Annual Operating Plans, financial forecasting and reporting, variance analysis, Earned Value Management and compliance, Estimates at Completion (EACs), proposal support, cash management, capital/company funded requests, ROI analysis, audit/policy compliance and ah-hoc financial status reviews with leadership. A key requirement for this position is the ability to provide strategic financial leadership for the program including areas such as affordability, cost management, and program growth. An in-depth working knowledge of Earned Value Management System (EVMS) concepts, procedures and processes, including baseline planning and Program Management execution is also required. Interested candidates must have prior Finance Management experience along with a proficiency in Finance reporting systems and processes. The successful candidate will have the ability to work independently, be self-motivated, and comfortable with new challenges and multiple competing priorities. Strong communication skills are also required, along with the ability to effectively interact with multiple layers within the organization and to make recommendations for appropriate solutions.
Additional activities include, but are not limited to:
Developing cost strategy, forming proposal cost team, supporting cost volume activities, compiling cost, schedule, and technical elements in the development of proposals in accordance with request for proposal (RFP) specifications, coordinating the collection and accumulation of cost, scheduling, and performance elements from functional departments, researching and analyzing historical data, developing cost models to supporting proposal efforts, coordinating activities and participating in fact-finding meetings, participating in should-cost and pricing reviews with management and customer representatives and participating as a member of the contract negotiating team.
- Minimum of 10 years financial experience with related Bachelor’s degree
- Experience interfacing and conducting business with various functional disciplines (Contracts, Operations, Engineering, etc) in proposal development and program execution.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) to support the preparation and presentation of written briefs and summaries for internal/external dissemination
- Experience analyzing data and information necessary to ensure program performance to plan and to ensure that problem areas are identified and corrective action is taken
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and influence in a matrix organization
- Bid/Cost Proposal leadership experience working on proposals in excess of $100 Million
- Proficient computer software skills in MS Office – Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- Working knowledge of SAP, APEX EV, Business Warehouse
- GovCon/Defense industry experience with knowledge of both government accounting techniques and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance processes; domestically and internationally
- Knowledge of Earned Value Management System (EVMS) & Experience with and knowledge of APEX EV
- Experience in preparing and reviewing Estimates at Completion (EACs)
- Experience in development / strategic program new business capture.
- Experience in Financial Planning and Analysis
- Experience in competitive proposal development
- Experience with new contract set-up & Business Process Management
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or related discipline.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world — in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
JBRaytheon / An Equal Opportunity Employer