This position is responsible for day-to-day execution of assigned programs. Duties include management of all cost, schedule and technical execution of assigned programs. The position requires regular interface with our functional counterparts such as Engineering, Finance, Supply Chain and Quality and requires regular interfacing with internal and external customers. The success of these programs drives future business growth therefore it is critical not only to the warfighter but also to our internal growth projections.
The Program Manager is responsible for the development and implementation of Program Management plans, processes, metrics and tools to ensure successful program execution. The Program Manager will be responsible for coordination of program control activities across multiple functions to maximize consistency and implementation of best practices. The Program Manager will ensure compliance with all external customer-reporting requirements from a program management standpoint while also meeting the reporting needs of the business area director. The Program Manager will similarly ensure that the functions have the key indicators needed to manage his/her efforts, will ensure that metrics tracked/reported are sufficient to drive flawless execution of the program and can identify any early indication of potential problem areas. The Program Manager will be expected to work closely with all functional areas to ensure alignment and that all documentation complies with the Raytheon IPDS business model. The Program Manager will lead IPDS and Gate activities such as Gate 3, Gate 4, IR5 and Gate 5. Specific tasks include Development, implementation, and maintenance of Program Management Plans, consistent with program requirements.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Leading the preparation of all material to ensure compliance with business processes(IPDS, EVMS, PMX, EPIC) and other specific functional processes
- Identifying and implementing key program metrics and leading the development of situational awareness charts that can be used as management tools by program leadership teams to drive program success
- Support internal and external customer reviews
- Conducting Program status meetings, program reviews, financial tracking and communicating program metrics
- Ensure timely and effective IPDS Gate process compliance
- Ensure rigorous implementation of risk and opportunity management IAW IIS policy and best practices
- Coordinate with Subject Matter Experts to maximize use of best principles
- Implement and monitor an effective action item tracking system to ensure complete and timely closure of action items
- Minimum of 6 years of related experience.
- Knowledge of product support and logistics capabilities and strategies. The ability to operate independently but still retain the larger company focus
- Demonstrated understanding and proficient use of program management tools such as Earned Value Management System (EVMS), Integrated Master Plan (IMP) / Integrated Master Schedule (IMS), Risk and Opportunity Management or similar business processes
- Annual Operating Plan responsibility of a program >$50M per year
- Leading the preparation of all material to ensure compliance with IPDS, EVMS and other specific functional processes, (ie. EACs, Gates 3,4 and 5, 10 & 11, CMMI, EPIC etc)
- Solid negotiating skills and the ability to effect change management
- Demonstrated program scope change control to include scope change logs and change control systems
- An excellent communicator with good presentation and writing skills
- Oversee performance assessment including measurement collection, analysis, and storage, and work with the program teams on corrective actions
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing Program Management Plans
- Demonstrated experience leading or supporting proposal teams
- Proven leadership experience to include leading a geographically diverse team
- Ability to travel domestically and/or internationally on short notice
- Active Secret Security Clearance (or higher)
- Raytheon Six Sigma Specialist or equivalent
- Knowledge of Export/Import Controls
- Demonstrated knowledge of program management processes and tools including EVMS Certification, IMS maintenance, Risk and Opportunity analysis, Change Management, and Control Account Management
- Raytheon EVMS Certified or equivalent
- Completed Risk and Opportunity Management training
- Understanding of application and execution of Raytheon’s Integrated Product Development System (IPDS) or similar business processes and ability to lead Effective Gate Process compliance
- Candidate needs to be certified as Level 5 in the Raytheon Program Management process or have the ability to be certified within 6 months
Required Education (including Major):
Bachelor’s degree from accredited university or college with a major in business, science, mathematics, or Engineering (or equivalent experience)
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
JBRaytheon / An Equal Opportunity Employer