Andover, Massachusetts, United States
What’s YOUR Mission?
Here at Raytheon, we work together as one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Our innovation spans all domains: from land and sea to air, space and cyberspace. We’re inspired by a noble mission that’s shared by Raytheon employees around the globe and an inclusive culture that empowers employees and celebrates their contributions.
Raytheon Company, Integrated Defense Systems (IDS) has an exciting opportunity for a Lead Information Architect. The Lead Information Architect plays a key role in creating information strategy, governance and architecture for the IDS Business. By engaging key business partners and customers, you will define approaches that improve data accessibility to deliver information advantage in support of critical business processes. You will develop information governance strategy and work with senior leaders to affect deployment of revised policy, process and business rules supporting the strategy. You will work closely with data engineers, data scientists and other functional stakeholders to ensure the end-to-end architecture realized enables successful achievement of priority business outcomes.
Ideal candidates will demonstrate self-motivation, superb communication and collaboration skills, leadership presence and a demonstrated ability to work within a diverse IT team to affect transformative change. The role demands a proven innovator that will challenge status quo models and accelerate delivery of business value. You will report to the IDS IT Director of Strategy and Architecture. The successful applicant will fill a key organizational role in a high performing team while enjoying a rewarding workplace that offers excellent benefits and opportunities for ongoing advancement.
Potential locations for this role are: Tewksbury, Andover and Woburn, MA. This role will require occasional business travel, typically domestic.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Defines information governance and strategy
- Drives change required to achieve strategic objectives of the information strategy
- Supports development of strategic enablers, to include policy and process
- Architects end-to-end solutions that connect data and information from multiple sources to various consumers: systems, engineers, analysts and decision makers
- Maintains and applies awareness of industry trends and solutions to drive continuous improvement efforts
- Charters communications, training, studies, pilots and prototypes to remove structural impediments to strategy realization and value capture
- Communicates regularly with business leaders to create awareness, align support and obtain required resources
- Support occasional business travel required for leadership, partner and supplier engagements
- Provides input and recommendations on information governance, including development of roadmaps for process and policy implementation related to data management and access
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
- Minimum of 12 years of prior relevant experience
- University Degree in Technical Discipline (CSC, MIS, STEM, etc.)
- Experience working with diverse stakeholders and suppliers to deliver information governance and architecture approaches that achieve business goals
- Experience in data and information management, to include traditional enterprise data management solutions and contemporary platforms for noSQL databases, stream processing, in memory databases, data analytics and visualization
- Ability to travel occasionally, typically domestically
- Active Secret Security Clearance (DoD), or ability to obtain within 6 months of service
- 12+ years of IT or Engineering experience demonstrating progressively greater responsibility for organizational leadership, project management and business impact
- Skilled in the documentation and analysis of business objectives, value streams and capabilities required to advance information governance and architectures that drive new business insights
- Develops effective plans and presentations for change that address internal (e.g. people, process and technology) and external (e.g. competition, regulation, suppliers) factors
- Strong communication skills, in spoken, written, and graphical delivery scenarios, with the ability to express complex ideas in simple terms
- Ability to convey the business value and resulting positive outcomes of technical proposals and initiatives, and to work across organizational lines to affect change
- Ability to assess, tabulate and summarize large quantities of information and related themes into a concise overview
- Ability to work across organizational boundaries using influence and persuasion, and by communicating business value for shared outcomes
- Experience in process design and optimization, working multi-organizational processes for improved adoption and ability to change
What We Offer: Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, Raytheon offers a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits Raytheon offers include paternal leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
Find out why Forbes ranks us among the top 500 of America’s Best Employers by visiting us online at
Stay Connected: Don’t miss out on what’s happening at Raytheon.
- Follow @Raytheon on Twitter
- Follow Raytheon on YouTube
- Follow Raytheon on LinkedIn
- Follow Raytheon Company on Instagram
Are you ready to be remarkable with Raytheon?
Raytheon: Making the World a Safer Place
“Diversity is at the heart of all we do at Raytheon. We embrace diversity and diverse opinions; we treat people with dignity and respect to support our inclusive culture. This allows us to retain and attract the world-class talent and supplier base we need to develop the innovative solutions our global customers depend on. We view our diversity as a competitive advantage as a key enabler of our growth.”
– Thomas A. Kennedy
Raytheon Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization. 140291
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Headquartered in Tewksbury, Massachusetts, IDS has 32 locations around the world. Its broad portfolio of weapons, sensors and integration systems supports its customer base across multiple mission areas, including air and missile defense systems; missile defense radars; early warning radars; naval ship operating systems; C5ITM products and services; and other advanced technologies. IDS provides affordable, integrated solutions to a broad international and domestic customer base, including the U.S. Missile Defense Agency, the U.S. Armed Forces and the Department of Homeland Security.
JBRaytheon / An Equal Opportunity Employer