McKinney, Texas, United States
Lead Antenna Range Engineer – Applicant will have the ability to independently lead a small team in the day to day operation of assigned test ranges. Personnel supervision duties will include the assigning of tasks, performer oversight, mentoring, and support, and providing staff performance feedback to section manager.
The applicant should be knowledgeable in RF and RCS testing in anechoic chambers. The range instrumentation in operation will vary from range to range, but include 8530 VNAs, PNA and PNA-X. Manufacturers/Software will include Orbit F/R 959 suite and NSI nearfield systems. Applicant must be able to configure an anechoic test chamber, set up the instrumentation, calibrate the range acquisition system and collect all required parameters. The applicant must be able to review pertinent data, design and write Acceptance Test Plans, Standard Operating Procedures, and Test Reports.
Applicant must be familiar enough with test ranges to troubleshoot the system and identify problems without oversight. Further, applicant must work with product engineers in hardware design, fabrication and operation of unique test requirements.
- Technical Writing Skills and Documentation Processes
- Familiar with Orbit 959 / Spectrum software
- Knowledge of MATLAB and office suite products, with enhanced knowledge in Excel
- Applicant must be able to independently operate vector network analyzers up to and including an Agilent PNA-X
- Applicant must operate all range instrumentation independently
- Author and execute Detailed Test Plans
- Process Improvement will be a significant part of this position
- Must have an active DOD secret clearance with ability to receive program security access
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- Familiarity with the MATLAB and have RCS data acquisition and processing
- Operational knowledge of nearfield chambers
- Support the Tactical and Strategic plan communicated by the Range Manager
- Understand the relationship with Mission Assurance (Quality) and act as liaison between Range Engineering, Range Management and Production
- Ability to communicate well with program management and engineering to secure current work and support future potential test efforts
- Demonstrated leadership skills with ability to delegate tasking and provide necessary oversight and mentoring
BSEE with 8 years RF test experience, MS and 6 years or PhD and 4 years.
MSEE in Electromagnetics
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world — in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
JBRaytheon / An Equal Opportunity Employer