Are you interested in joining a community of diverse, dynamic, professional engineers? Are you a Junior Software Engineer who is looking for an opportunity to work in a collaborative environment which is characterized by respect for the individual and working in a team setting? Our company is focused on achieving excellence through thought and team work while leveraging individual diversity. Our team makes a difference in protecting our military men and women both at home and overseas.
We have an opportunity for software engineers within the Naval Radar Software Department in Marlborough, Massachusetts. The Naval Radar Software Department mission is to provide world class Radar Software to be used in military systems deployed at sea and on land. Our software teams employ an Agile Scrum process to rapidly design, code, integrate and test capabilities on a continuous basis into a mature solution for our customers. We strive for technical excellence by drawing upon a diverse workforce whose knowledge base covers the complete spectrum of modern computing languages and platforms.
A work/life balance is an important value at Raytheon. Our 9/80 work schedule offers flexibility to help successfully balance the work/life commitments. Located on scenic Hagar Pond in Marlborough, our 168 acre facility has miles of nature trails, plus softball, basketball and volleyball courts to enjoy. It contains a large fitness center with full locker rooms, a dining center, research library and a fully staffed medical facility. The Young Adult Success Network (YESNET) is one of Raytheon’s employee resource groups with a focus on networking, new hire outreach, career development and community service.
These position on the S-Band Product Line teams support the integration of the AN/SPY-6 radar, also called Air & Missile Defense Radar (AMDR), with the Navy’s Aegis Baseline 10. The successful candidate will be responsible for designing, implementing, debugging and fixing problems with the Radar software applications, as well as supporting software integration and verification efforts. Our radar software applications are developed using C++ and Java programming languages running Linux or UNIX operating systems on a variety of computing platforms. There will be travel opportunities to the remote test sites for supporting radar system integration.
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. Citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
• Experience with C++
• Linux or UNIX experience
• Experience developing software in a team based development environment, preferably Agile/SCRUM
• This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. Citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
• Existing secret clearance, or ability to obtain an interim clearance
• Experience in Agile development methods, including Scrum, automated testing and continuous integration
• Software development experience in a DoD environment
• Radar domain and Aegis Baseline 10 knowledge
• Strong problem solving ability
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Self-starter and ability to lead development, integration and test activities
• Familiarity with the following Software Tools: Rational Rhapsody, Clear Case and Team Concert, Jenkins, DOORS
• Strong Object-Oriented Design Knowledge including UML
• Direct experience implementing complex signal processing algorithms in C++ meeting latency and throughput performance requirements or experience in implementing complex control operations in software with defined performance timelines
• Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or Software Engineering
Required Education (Including Major):
• BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Software Engineering, or relevant STEM degree.
KEYWORDS: C++, Linux, UNIX, OOD, real-time software development, Agile, Scrum
What’s YOUR Mission?
Here at Raytheon, we work together as one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Our innovation spans all domains: from land and sea to air, space and cyberspace. We’re inspired by a noble mission that’s shared by Raytheon employees around the globe and an inclusive culture that empowers employees and celebrates their contributions.
What We Offer: Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, Raytheon offers a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits Raytheon offers include paternal leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
Find out why Forbes ranks us among the top 500 of America’s Best Employers by visiting us online at www.raytheon.com.
Stay Connected: Don’t miss out on what’s happening at Raytheon.
- Follow @Raytheon on Twitter
- Follow Raytheon on YouTube
- Follow Raytheon on LinkedIn
- Follow Raytheon Company on Instagram
Are you ready to be remarkable with Raytheon?
Raytheon: Why I Choose Raytheon
Raytheon: Making the World a Safer Place
Diversity is at the heart of all we do at Raytheon. We embrace diversity and diverse opinions; we treat people with dignity and respect to support our inclusive culture. This allows us to retain and attract the world-class talent and supplier base we need to develop the innovative solutions our global customers depend on. We view our diversity as a competitive advantage as a key enabler of our growth.”
– Thomas A. Kennedy
Raytheon Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
JBRaytheon / An Equal Opportunity Employer