The Raytheon GPX-OCX Systems Engineering, Integration & Test (SEIT) Team has an immediate career opportunity for an experienced Integration and Test (I&T) Lead providing senior technical leadership in support of a large scale system development program. We’re looking for someone who is committed and passionate about driving innovative and cost-effective solutions to the Test Cross Product Team (CPT). As the System Test Lead, the candidate will support the Test Director setting strategy and providing key technical oversight to a large diverse team of Integration & Verification (I&V) engineers to drive development and execution of the Formal Qualification Test (FQT).
The candidate will provide technical engineering and strategic leadership for a large Test Team (50+) under the technical guidance the Test Director/ Test CPT Lead and SEIT IPT Lead to achieve the successful conduct of the Formal Qualification Test (FQT) Event. Candidates should have a history of successful program execution producing outstanding results for their team and the program.
The primary responsibility of the System FQT Lead is to provide oversight and technical direction for the test engineering lifecycle to include requirements analysis, test design, system integration requirements verification, deployment and helping ensure overall configuration management of the product satisfying cost, schedule and specifications allocated to the program to achieve .
The System FQT Lead supports the Test Director in establishing the test strategy and the integration and verification of the system and will have a customer-facing role. The candidate will provide engineering support and technical direction for the execution of the program’s test program, test processes including baseline definition, test architecture design, verification and validation. Candidates will be responsible for definition and execution of formal testing and regression testing across deliverable releases to the program baseline – driving program performance including cost and schedule for test activities across multiple sites; coordination with the test manager of the test products, schedules and resources. Responsible for the integration with development teams in terms of understanding implications of changes to both the technical and schedule updates and their impact to test. Responsible for integration with operations from a test perspective, ensuring delivered products meet operational needs.
The System FQT Lead plans, organizes, and helps lead technical reviews; evaluates the work of staff through subordinate levels of supervision; provides policy guidance to staff; coordinates engineering designs and builds; monitors the day-to-day operations; provides suggestions for all major technical decisions and designs; and represents engineering on the management team. The candidate will develop, maintain and track system engineering metrics consistent with the internal processes and use these metrics to improve program performance.
The System FQT Lead will review EACs for lessons learned and risk and opportunity capture/mitigation plans. This critical role will partner with the other disciplines and elements of the IIS Engineering Org and PMO’s to help transform the business and business execution via innovative approaches and implementation of sound engineering practices
This effort includes:
- Leading engineers and support personnel in all aspects of integration and test activities
- Providing extensive technical advice to resolve difficult test and integration implementation problems
- Providing specialized technical advice and information to systems and software engineering and coordinating this information across all integration and test projects
- Preparing, evaluating, and implementing corrective plans based on integration and test metrics
- Ensuring that overall program integration and test plans are developed, including integration and tests to be performed at field facilities, and that procedures are written and approved in compliance with safety, quality control and organizational processes
- Establishing integration and test conduct standards and implement integration and test conduct disciplines throughout the system life cycle
- Coordinating the performance and monitoring of integration and test activities verifying compliance with established plans, requirements and procedures, and ensuring system readiness and integrity
- Establishing and providing estimates, schedules and written proposals for integration and test projects on the program
- Interfacing with senior management and customers daily
- Overseeing the planning and development of automated test scripts as required to perform automated testing
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related scientific discipline with a minimum 12 years of applicable integration and test experience on medium to large scale systems using state-of-the-art technology
- Experience preparing and presenting reports and briefings to senior program leadership both orally and written.
- Leadership experience with cross product teams in a complex multiple stakeholder environment
- Strong desire to learn, take initiative and contribute in a team-oriented environment
- Knowledge of Earn Value Management System (EVMS) and EVM certification or ability to obtain certification within 6 months of hire
- Willing to work overtime and weekends as required to achieve milestones
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of the systems engineering lifecycle to include
- System integration and test planning and implementation for large scale systems using state-of-the-art technology
- Configuration Management
- Technical Baseline Management
- Management and integration of COTS/FOSS
- Development of test architecture/framework
- Implantation of Test automation environment and or DEVOPS
- Leadership of System Validation activities
- Preparation and reporting of program plans, schedules and metrics
- Specification of test verification requirements
- Review and approval of integration and test procedures and plans
- Use of discrepancy report systems and developing closure plans
- Leadership of Test Event Readiness Reviews and ensuring compliance with customer lifecycle standards.
- Ability to the identify, manage, and mitigate technical risk
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle models (waterfall and Agile)
- Active DoD Secret clearance
- Safe Agile
- EVMS Certified
- DOORS Experience
- Raytheon R6Sigma Qualified
This position requires a U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization. 140164
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
JBRaytheon / An Equal Opportunity Employer