Richardson Texas United States
TS/SCI – Current
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services IIS Global Intelligence Solutions (GIS) Mission Area is currently seeking an experienced Basis of Estimate (BOE) Lead to support various GIS programs and pursuits. The BOE Lead is a key member of the GIS team responsible for the development of BOEs that support Pricing/Cost volumes on all large ECPs and proposals for GIS competitive procurements. Raytheon is seeking a multi-faceted individual that understands Intelligence Community programs and requirements, and the application of advanced technology.
The GIS BOE Lead is responsible for providing proactive BOE leadership for the BOE strategy and development on all large Engineering Change Proposals on existing contracts and competitive proposal submissions. The BOE Lead will follow the IIS BOE process and be responsible for BOE packages that meet all customer requirements for clarity and support pricing volume cost realism and reasonableness with bid metrics and factors derived from existing programs. The GIS BOE Lead provides inputs and communicates program and proposal status and issues for monthly operating reviews and tracking books. The GIS BOE Lead provides a single point of contact for RFP analysis and development of the ECP or competitive proposal BOE strategy and execution plan.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Analyze RFPs to identify and assess BOE requirements
- Work directly with the ECP development leadership team or competitive pursuit capture team to develop a BOE strategy by Gate 2
- Plan the BOE effort (e.g., schedule, resource requirements, and reviews).
- Develop the BOE template as required by RFPs.
- Identify the specific BOEs to be developed
- Map the RFP (SOW/PWS, CLINS, and CDRLs) to the BOEs.
- Recommend estimating methods and historical reference programs for BOEs.
- Work with stakeholders to identify Certified BOE Developers and Approvers.
- Provide just-in-time BOE training.
- Gather and report metrics to track the quality and efficiency of our BOEs.
- Ensure the effective use of automated tools and best practices.
- Provide feedback, direction, and coaching to BOE Developers.
- Monitor BOE approval status.
- Interact with Suppliers and Subcontractors to ensure that their BOE inputs meet standards for timeliness, quality, and consistency.
- Verify that BOEs align with pricing results.
- Ensure effective review of BOEs at color teams.
- Lead BOE Lessons Learned efforts after proposal submittal
- Support Overall BOE Initiative Program Administration/Projects
- 12 years relevant experience in Business Development, Finance/Pricing, Engineering, Program Management, etc.
- Keen understanding of program elements and cost trades
- Currently accredited as a BOE Lead by the IIS process or equivalent
- Experience supporting cost efforts on proposals or program ECPs.
- Experience in leading and supervising teams
- Experience developing, reviewing, and/or leading BOEs
- Ability to become certified as a BOE Developer
- Maintains an existing TS/SCI clearance
- Strong leadership, communication, and problem-solving skills
- Willingness to travel within the U.S.
- Willingness to work extended hours, weekends, and holidays when needed to meet proposal schedule demands
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges — from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.1 billion in 2017 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world — in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
JBRaytheon / An Equal Opportunity Employer