Finance Graduate Leadership Development Programme
Location(s): Any UK site. Graduates will need to be geographically flexible as the role will rotate across multiple UK sites during the graduate programme.
Application: Submit a CV and cover letter (explaining why you have applied for the role, and to Raytheon UK) directly to our careers website. Attach the most recent university module transcript to your application.
Summary of Role:
At Raytheon UK we are proud to have developed a skilled workforce which is a leader in technological innovation across cyber and intelligence, aerospace and defence. However, it’s not just our technology that pushes boundaries, our finance team is always going above and beyond to deliver a quality service to the business and enable excellence through strong financial leadership.
Our Finance Graduate Leadership Develop Programme provides the opportunity to experience a series of placements across the spectrum of finance disciplines: accounting, pricing, financial planning and analysis, strategy, operations and business finance.
Working in our finance team is not just about producing numbers, it’s about understanding what drives them and making complex financial issues easy to understand.
Training and development
- You’ll be supported through the CIMA (Chartered Institute of Management Accountants) professional qualification
- Outward bound team building events to develop collaboration and communication
- Offsite training days focused on understanding your learning and communication preferences and developing presentation skills, business acumen and strategic thinking
- Career surgeries and coaching to help you develop your personal brand and shape your career
We expect a lot from our Graduates but in return you will be part of a culture at Raytheon that rewards success:
- Talent development – several recent Graduates have gone on to be part of the global Raytheon Leadership Development Programme that involves a series of modules in the US
- Advancement opportunities – many past Graduates and Trainees are now in various managerial and leadership roles within finance
- Six monthly pay reviews during the 2 year Graduate scheme based on individual performance, pay reviews based on exam performance and performance in role
- Mentoring opportunities to help you leverage the experience of others to challenge yourself and think differently
You could find yourself pricing a new bid for the latest Raytheon technology, helping a Programme Manager at our state of the art Cyber Security centre better understand their finances or helping a Business Director control the finances of their department. There is a strong Graduate presence in the finance function with a regular Forum for our Graduates, Apprentices and Trainees to share experiences, ideas, study tips and learn more about the business and industry.
Feedback – What our Graduates say
Don’t just take our word for it though:
“The Finance Graduate Programme acted as the perfect vehicle to prepare me for a career in finance, whilst also maintaining an attentive focus towards attaining CIMA qualification. Throughout the programme, the 3 finance departmental rotations that I was exposed to provided me with invaluable experiences and networking opportunities that made the transition into work a seamless process. In addition, it also supplied me with a range of skills and understanding that will be useful and applicable during the remainder of my career at Raytheon UK and whatever may lie beyond.
The guidance and support that is provided towards obtaining the CIMA qualification cannot be faulted. Raytheon UK consistently facilitate the best CIMA study programmes that are currently available and the friendly faces in the finance team are always more than to happy help and provide guidance that may be required to ensure that the CIMA qualification is achieved in the most efficient and stress-free way possible” – Sam, 2016 Graduate
“I was pleasantly surprised by the genuine interest and investment managers and business leaders take in developing you! There is a real learning culture at Raytheon and this has helped me to build on and gain knowledge of a variety of finance principles and practices, that I know I will be invaluable throughout my career. My confidence in dealing with senior stakeholders has been boosted through exposure and ownership of tasks and relationships with key contacts both within the UK & US. As well as this, structured and balanced study support from both managers and colleagues is readily on hand, which allows me to make clear connections between CIMA study material and theory and the day to day work I perform”- Tom, 2018 Graduate
We’re looking for enthusiastic individuals who can join the dots and see the bigger picture. It is an exciting time at Raytheon UK as we embark on a journey of growth and we want our people to grow with us. You will need:
- 2:1 or above undergraduate degree (finance or business finance related degree discipline)
- Pre university qualifications equivalent to 120 UCAS points new system or 300 UCAS points old system
- Ability to relocate to different UK sites and relocate during the role if required, plus travel when needed for training, or for business requirements
Raytheon Career Development:
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.
Raytheon Company, with 2018 sales of $27 billion and 67,000 employees, is a technology and innovation leader specialising in defence, civil government and cybersecurity solutions. With a history of innovation spanning 97 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration, C5I™ products and services, sensing, effects and mission support for customers in more than 80 countries. Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
- £27,500 salary
- £2,500 joining bonus
- 25 days holiday + statutory holidays
- Twice yearly salary review for the first 2 years
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Flexible Benefits
- Enhanced sick pay scheme
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success.
JBRaytheon / An Equal Opportunity Employer