White Sands New Mexico
Security Clearance: SC – Current
Do you enjoy tackling technical problems no one has solved before?
Do you want to join a team that thrives on diversity of thought and innovative ideas?
If you answered “yes“, then the Raytheon Systems Verification Test and Analysis Directorate (SVTAD) is interested in you. Our elite team integrates complex technology, debugging and resolving interface issues as we produce, demonstrate and deliver state-of-the-art software for areas including radars, command and control platforms, missile systems and cyber defense.
Raytheon MCVC is searching for a qualified field Patriot Air Defense System Field Engineer to support the operation and maintenance of the Patriot radars and to include support of field mission test operations domestically and international locations.
- Perform equipment set-up, repair, maintain and install a wide variety of electronic, electromechanical, mechanical and other components, operate software and hardware, troubleshooting faults and performs modifications to Patriot equipment and components.
- Analyze and resolve complex technical equipment issues and reviews data to identify failure to recommend corrective action.
- Plan and implement preventive maintenance program, and maintain performance and maintenance records on equipment.
- Provide guidance and/or conducts training to customer personnel in operation, maintenance, and inspection processes and procedures.
- Assists in the development or modification of procedures, manuals or other related documentation.
- Assist with the planning of equipment for mission support.
- Work across disciplines to support program requirements.
- Travel and/or deploy to domestic and/or international locations for a required period of time to support program requirements.
- Flexible to work long hours and/or weekends.
- Work in remote and hazardous locations around energized equipment, radar radiation hazards, and unexploded ordnance.
NOTE: This position can be a Salary Grade G07 or G08 based on the candidate’s qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements for the position.
- 18+ months of experience working with Patriot tactical equipment, systems operations and maintenance.
- Experience with performing engineering assessments, identifying corrective actions on faulted equipment, and installing and testing equipment modifications.
- Experience with the operation of Patriot Configuration 3 and Configuration 3+ equipment, test equipment such as oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzer, power meter, and high voltage cable test set.
- Experience with intermediate level troubleshooting and adjustments for Patriot Configuration 3 equipment.
- Ability to travel to domestic or international locations on short and long term assignments based on program requirements.
- Required: This position requires an active Secret Security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
- Experience working in a test environment to include U.S. Government and contractor personnel and with equipment located in remote and international sites.
- Proficient in the use of the IADS Patriot Technical Manual Software.
- Able to work in a team and fast paced customer environment.
- Able to lift and carry heavy equipment up to 25 lbs, work under pressure, and meet deadlines.
- Obtain Patriot Operator certification within 6 months.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electronics, Engineering Technology or other disciplines; or 8 years of related experience or a combination of experience and education can be substituted for the 4 year degree.
What’s YOUR Mission?
Here at Raytheon, we work together as one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Our innovation spans all domains: from land and sea to air, space and cyberspace. We’re inspired by a noble mission that’s shared by Raytheon employees around the globe and an inclusive culture that empowers employees and celebrates their contributions.
What We Offer: Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, Raytheon offers a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits Raytheon offers include paternal leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
Follow @Raytheon on Twitter
Follow Raytheon on YouTube
Follow Raytheon on LinkedIn
“Diversity is at the heart of all we do at Raytheon. We embrace diversity and diverse opinions; we treat people with dignity and respect to support our inclusive culture. This allows us to retain and attract the world-class talent and supplier base we need to develop the innovative solutions our global customers depend on. We view our diversity as a competitive advantage as a key enabler of our growth.”
– Thomas A. Kennedy
Raytheon Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
All these job responsibilities are to be executed in harmony with Raytheon’s Code of Business Ethics and Conduct policy which sets the standard by which we operate and how we treat others.
Raytheon is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization. 127499
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Headquartered in Tewksbury, Massachusetts, IDS has 32 locations around the world. Its broad portfolio of weapons, sensors and integration systems supports its customer base across multiple mission areas, including air and missile defense systems; missile defense radars; early warning radars; naval ship operating systems; C5ITM products and services; and other advanced technologies. IDS provides affordable, integrated solutions to a broad international and domestic customer base, including the U.S. Missile Defense Agency, the U.S. Armed Forces and the Department of Homeland Security.
Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Integration and Test Engineering, Systems Engineering, Test Engineering, Engineering, All Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Integration & Test Engineering, Systems Engineering, Test Engineering
JBRaytheon Field Engineer II JP2
IT / Telecom, Maintenance Tech / MIL GOV Systems, SKITT, SKTEC, CLZSS, |CLZSS, |CLZSS, |CLZSS, |CLZSS, |CLZSS, |CLZSS, |CLZSS, |CLZSS, |CLZSS, |CLZSS, |CLZSS, LOCWhiteSandsNewMexicoUnitedStates LOCNewMexico LOCUSA