Goleta, California, United States
This is a temporary position of undetermined length.
The selected candidate will have an opportunity to be part of a large Environmental, Health & Safety organization in the role of an Environmental, Health, Safety and Sustainability (EHSS) generalist. The selected candidate must be a self-starter, energetic and able to work in a fast-pace collaborative team environment.This ideal candidate will have relevant safety and industrial hygiene experience with strength in development and management of ergonomics and core safety programs. The candidate will be responsible for developing, managing and implementing assigned occupational health, safety programs and initiatives in a fast-pace manufacturing environment and engineering environment. Timely support for multiple customers and projects on a daily basis is required. Candidate must have strong communications, interpersonal skills to influencevarious groups including engineers, factory line employees and management. Assigned EHSS duties may include but not limited to:
- Manage and continuously improve assigned EHSS programs such as but not limited to Ergonomics, IIPP, Contractor Safety, Fall Protection, Machine Guarding, Powered Industrial Trucks, Lasers, Asbestos, Hazard Communications, IH Sampling, IH Equipment Maintenance, ventilation and radiation programs, Fire Safety & Prevention
- Support and implement business unit and site injury reduction, environmental and sustainability goals and initiatives
- Support implementation of behavioral based safety program and initiatives
- Analysis of leading and lagging safety performance indicators for trends to drive corrective actions
- Serve as EHSS POC for assigned building and functional safety council
- Conduct first aid and OSHA injury investigations and root cause analysis and develop corrective actions and track to completion
- Lead projects to ensure promote health and safety of Raytheon employees and contractors.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of SAS EHSS strategic initiatives that drive continuous improvement
- Develop programs, processes and procedures to improve EHSS programs, culture for employees and contractors
- Support the improvement of business and site EHSS communications plan
- Develop and deliver EHSS training to affected employees and contractors
- May need to travel to support Enterprise and SAS initiatives
- Interpretation of OSHA, NIOSH, ANSI standards and regulations
- Perform Safety & Fire Equipment Inspections
- Knowledge and the application of Cal/OSHA regulations and ANSI Standards.
- Knowledge and the application of the principals of safety and industrial hygiene.
- Ability to accurately diagnose general and complex EHSS issues related to Raytheon operations, determine appropriate or practical controls, and implement practical and effective solutions in a timely manner.
- Ability to effectively organize and manage multiple projects and programs in a fast-pace environment and demonstrate effective prioritization and implementation skills.
- Ability to provide clear, concise, and effective verbal communications.
- Well-developed written communication andpresentation skills.
- Ability to plan, organize, delegate, and follow-up on work flow in a team environment to meet departmental goals and objectives.
- Proven ability to use email, and Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Project.
- Good understanding of database and use of other information gathering systems.
- Well-organized and have excellent attention to detail and thoroughness with accomplishing tasks from inception through completion in a multi-tasking environment
- Be flexible to accept additional assignments, campaigns and rotations to other EHSS programs including Safety, Fire Protection and Industrial Hygiene
- 0 -3 years of experience in ergonomics, general safety and industrial hygiene programs.
- OSHA 10-Hour Construction training.
- Experienced in developing and conducting creative EHSS training.
- Ability to handle potentially stressful situations
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, but will not hesitate to seek additional information from supervisors or peers so tasks can be completed timely and correctly
Bachelor’s degree in chemistry, biology, industrial hygiene, safety engineering, or related field. Master’s degree in occupational health, industrial hygiene or safety engineering preferred.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges — from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation and training solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.2 billion in 2018 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world — in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
JBRaytheon / An Equal Opportunity Employer