Security Clearance: None / Not Required
The Engineering Administrative Assistant has a key role supporting the leadership team and over 350 employees across two departments. Candidates must be able to operate effectively and efficiently in a dynamic team environment and have the ability to handle confidential and non-routine information. This role will perform a wide range of administrative duties that will assist in organizing, scheduling, and prioritizing daily activities. To be successful the ideal candidate will work with minimal supervision, propose solutions to problems, and have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Job Related Activities:
- Functioning as a member of two Mechanical Engineering Department Leadership Teams, attending staff meetings and other meetings as required, and recording and distributing associated actions
- Managing meetings including scheduling, managing schedule conflicts, and all meeting logistics including room reservations, catering, AV requirements, and meeting materials
- Coordinating site visits, date/time, and collecting materials prior to visits
- Collecting and consolidating data for monthly highlight packages
- Handling travel arrangements and expense reports for the Department staff
- Managing the approval process for special requests or policy exceptions
- Providing coverage as needed for other Administrative Assistants
- Supporting onboarding for new hires
- Ordering supplies, set up services, and assisting with IT related requests
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in an office environment
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Experience preparing travel arrangements and expense reports
- Prior experience effectively working with facilities, security, HR, and IT
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to translate thoughts and ideas into effective media such as e-mail, Word, Power Point presentation, or Excel Spreadsheet, as required
- Skilled in the use of proper phone/email etiquette
- Quick learner with the ability to think and act with confidence
- Self-motivated and willing to take initiative to improve processes
- Makes sound decisions without supervision; anticipates needs, thinks independently and determines appropriate action
- Establishes and maintains working relationships within the departments supported and the center, as well as with other organizations
- Comfortable adapting to new equipment, software, tools, and processes
High School Diploma or equivalent
Associates Degree or Bachelor’s degree
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world — in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Administrative Services/Support, All Administrative Services/Support
JBRaytheon Engineering Administrative Assistant JP2
Engineering – Hardware / Software, SKENG, CLZUU, LOCMcKinney LOCTexas LOCUSA