Business Development and Strategy Graduate Leadership Development Programme
Location(s): Harlow with potential rotations/travel to London, Glenrothes, Gloucester, Broughton and the US.
Application: Submit a CV and cover letter (explaining why you have applied for the role, and to Raytheon UK) directly to our careers website. Attach the most recent university module transcript to your application.
Summary of Role:
The Business Development & Strategy Graduate will report to the Head of Capture Management and Operations. This position will support BD operational needs from research and analysis through to pipeline maintenance to support informed decision making and ensure best practice within the Function.
- Preparing briefing materials for weekly/monthly BD functional and operations reviews
- Supporting the Strategy Team in conducting strategic and competitor analysis tasks
- Support to key business capture activities (bid/proposal management support)
- Support to various business winning workshops
- Supporting the Raytheon events and exhibitions team
- Support the administration of the Raytheon pipeline management tool, including data management and reporting
- Analysis and reporting of BD metrics and data
- Leading and/or supporting the introduction of new processes and tools within the Function
- Supporting the functional budgeting process
- Support to the BD Executives when conducting Customer Relationship / Stakeholder Engagement Management
Graduate Leadership Development Programme Training:
During the first 2 years, in addition to your main role, you’ll be assigned various modules to support your career development. These range from business skills to team building activities.
- 2:1 Undergraduate degree in Politics, International Relations, War Studies, Intelligence & Security, Business/Marketing or other Business related degree. Other degrees will be considered if candidates can demonstrate evidence of sales, leadership or customer service.
- Achieved or on track to achieve a 2:1 or above, and a clear interest in the defence industry and/or politics demonstrated through internships/work experience with defence consultancies/think tanks/government etc
- Pre university qualifications equivalent to 120 UCAS points new system or 300 UCAS points old system
- Must be interested in the defence industry & international relations
- Ability to obtain SC security clearance
- Candidate must be geographically flexible for rotations to other sites and travel when required.
- Experience researching markets, political environments and competitive intelligence
- Sales, customer service and customer relationship management
- Business skills gained through employment, work placement, extra-curricular activities. This must be referenced on the CV and cover letter.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Confident presenting to teams
- Highly adaptable.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Experience developing internal and external relationships at all levels of leadership
Raytheon Career Development:
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.
Raytheon Company, with 2018 sales of $27 billion and 67,000 employees, is a technology and innovation leader specialising in defence, civil government and cybersecurity solutions. With a history of innovation spanning 97 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration, C5I™ products and services, sensing, effects and mission support for customers in more than 80 countries. Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
- 25 days holiday + statutory holidays
- £27,500 salary
- £2,500 joining bonus
- Twice yearly salary review for the first 2 years
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Flexible Benefits
- Enhanced sick pay scheme
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success.