Springfield VA US
Border Patrol Systems (BPS) Portfolio Manager
The Homeland Security Solutions Operation within Leidos is looking for a Border Patrols Systems (BPS) Portfolio Manager to oversee contractor staff working on applications and systems within the Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Border Enforcement and Mission Systems Directorate (BEMSD) Portfolio.
The BPS Portfolio Manager will be responsible for the development, modernization, enhancement, operation, and maintenance of ~15 applications and systems that are critical to the execution of the CBP mission.
The BPS Portfolio Manager will liaise with CBP branch chiefs and senior program management to provide strategic advice, planning, and guidance on maintaining, modernizing, and migrating portfolio applications and systems into the cloud.
The BPS Portfolio Manager will provide the internal voice of the customer and will work with the customer to understand, prioritize, and communicate their needs to application/system product owners, and to manage and prioritize the capabilities and features added to the customer’s portfolio.
The BPS Portfolio Manager will help to set the technical vision and roadmap for the applications/systems in the CBP/BEMSD portfolio and will be responsible for converting CBP strategic objectives into portfolios capabilities.
The BPS Portfolio Manager will assist with the introduction of agile/lean practices into the existing application/system development and O&M organizations.
• At least five years of experience managing teams in an IT environment.
• Ability to obtain a Public Trust suitability determination.
• Ability to obtain a Secret Clearance.
• U.S. Citizenship.
• Demonstrated experience managing multiple software development teams concurrently
• At least ten years’ experience managing teams of 100-120 people.
• Demonstrated experience delivering IT solutions for government organizations like DHS or CBP
• Demonstrated experience in Agile development and DevOps/SecDevOps
• Demonstrated experience developing Java and .Net web-based applications
• Demonstrated experience with popular DBMS such as Oracle, MariaDB, SQLServer
• Demonstrated experience developing mobile applications on Android and iOS
• Demonstrated experience migrating applications (mainframe and server-based) into cloud environments, including hybrid and/or multi-cloud deployments.
• Demonstrated experience with AWS and/or Azure Cloud Services
• Demonstrated experience with NIST SP 800 series or ISO 27000 series documents for information security management and risk assessment
• Demonstrated experience with SAFe®
• Demonstrated experience in ITIL/ISO-20000
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Requires Masters with 15 – 20 years of prior relevant experience or Doctorate with 13 – 16 years of prior relevant experience.
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That’s why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.
JBLeidos / An Equal Opportunity Employer