Woburn, Massachusetts, United States
This is your opportunity to join the Missile Defense Radar Software Leadership Team in Woburn, Massachusetts as Chief Product Owner (CPO) of the AN/TPY-2 Common Radar Software within the Missile Defense Software Engineering Cross Product Team.
The Missile Defense Radar Software Department’s mission is to provide world class Missile Defense and Surveillance Radar Software to be used in radar systems deployed on land and sea. Our software teams employ AGILE development to rapidly and continuously deploy capabilities for our customers. We strive for technical excellence by drawing upon a diverse workforce whose knowledge base covers the complete spectrum of modern computing languages and platforms.
The Chief Product Owner provides leadership and works in concert with Radar Capabilities (RCap) IPT leadership to drive all technical prioritization and decisions impacting the core common software baseline.
The Chief Product Owner will prioritize the work of the agile scrum teams to support multiple releases and popups from deployed sites. Our radar software applications are developed using Ada, C and C++programming languages Dell x86 servers with a customized version of RedHat Linux.
- Facilitates cross-program and IPT/CPT technical interchange and backlog prioritization
- Coordinates with RCap IPT leadership and product teams to establish software delivery goals and priorities
- Conducts quarterly PI planning meetings
- Coordinates with the requirements design team and agile scrum teams to define scope of each capability in in advance of PI planning
- Attends sprint reviews and ensures capabilities meet the defined scope
The candidate will be expected to provide technical leadership in multiple areas of software engineering.
- Existing secret clearance or ability to obtain a clearance with interim within 30 days and full clearance thereafter.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Software Engineering, or relevant STEM degree.
- Minimum 10 yrs experience in software or systems engineering
- Software development experience in a DoD environment
- Strong problem solving ability
- Ability to lead development, integration or test activities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in an Agile/SCRUM development environment
- Familiarity with the following SW Tools:, ClearCase, DOORS, iTracker
- AN/TPY-2 or XBR Radar domain knowledge
- Six Sigma Specialist certification
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or Software Engineering
- 7+ years of experience with Ada, C or C++
- 2 years Linux experience,
- 4 years real-time software development experience
- Experience at the Software architecture level
All these job responsibilities are to be executed in harmony with Raytheon’s Code of Business Ethics and Conduct policy which sets the standard by which we operate and how we treat others.
What’s YOUR Mission?
At Raytheon, we innovate to create solutions and solve complex challenges across all domains: from land and sea to air, space, and cyberspace. In doing so, we embrace the talent, expertise and perspectives of our diverse workforce, each bringing their skills, ideas and dedication to the work we do. We pride ourselves on our commitment to our customers, industry partners and our teammates, making a positive impact not only to our business, but also in our communities where we live and work. Our constant innovation is made possible by a strong culture, investing in our people, and an unwavering vision that’s shared by Raytheon employees across the globe – a vision of one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place.
Raytheon has been recognized as a respected employer and valued corporate citizen for our employment practices, programs and community support by a number of highly-regarded organizations. The list includes: Forbes, Glassdoor, National Veterans Small Business Association, Corporate Responsibility Magazine, Environmental Protection Agency, Affinity Inc. and many more.
What We Offer: Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, Raytheon offers a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits Raytheon offers include paternal leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
Find out why Forbes ranks us among the top 500 of America’s Best Employers by visiting us online at www.raytheon.com.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization. 140159
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Company, with 2016 sales of $23 billion and 61,000 employees, is a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, civil government and cybersecurity solutions. With a history of innovation spanning 94 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration, C5ITM products and services, sensing, effects, and mission support for customers in more than 80 countries.
JBRaytheon / An Equal Opportunity Employer